Monday, February 15, 2010

A Day in the Life...


A few months back a friend of mine posted this on her blog; it was a sort of photo journal of her typical day. I thought it was really fun to read, a lot due to the similarities in our life situation but still there were so many differences in our day to day doings. Anyway, I liked it a lot and thought it would be a good post, as a try to use my blog a lot for things I want to remember (and I suppose someday I will miss what it is that I do everyday...) However, after I took all the pictures and saw so many pictures of myself I hesitated to post it. I am not one to keep leave a picture out because I look fat or I have zits, or whatever but honestly it was hard for me to post something entirely about me. (And yes, I am aware that I am only in about 20% of the pictures.)
Anyway, this is my day (about 3 weeks ago)... I tried to take a picture every 30 minutes throughout the day- sorry I missed a few.
7:00 am- Wake up!
7:30 am- Boys are watching TV and Kennedy is reading on my bed.

8:00 am- The boys moved the movie party into my room (I swear my kids follow me around all day, while I am getting ready is no different, that is what I was doing... getting ready for the day.)
8:30 am- Making beds (mine was only partially completed at the .5 hour)
9:00 am- Daily bath (due to Kennedy's eczema she bathes everyday.)
And Crew was content playing on the floor.
9:30 am- I worked in the office this day, so time to think about dinner... crock-pot fajitas this day! YUM!
10:00 am- Crew is no longer content on the floor.


Thankfully the older kiddos were getting along and reading books. The days they get along are the best!10:30 am- Crew is still pissed!
But I've gotta go! Diaper bag? Check. Purse? Check. Kiddos? Check. Baby? Check.
11:00 am- Time to leave- I took the K to her friends and the boys to their cousins.
All packed in! YES this car is way too small now, we will be investing in another in the near future.
11:30- I was in a meeting at work and not about to break out my camera... "Say Cheese!"... yeah, I may take way too many pictures but I am no Marilyn.
12:00- My fun desk at work. Time to get busy! (not that kind of busy... unfortunately)

12:30 pm- Lunchtime! Catered in from Magelby's this day. That and the ice are two of my favorite things about work, but my co-workers are my favorite thing.
1:00- Time to head home and... work (the days I go in the office are usually about 4 -5 hours, this day I just went in for some meetings, so it was a short day.)

1:00 pm- Yes, still 1:00- I somehow messed up on my pictures and times... oops. Time to take these cute boys to pre-school!1:30- This boy is FINALLY asleep... YEAY!
2:00- Working.
2:30- Still working!
3:00- 3:30ish: My sister and mom dropped by for a surprise visit. This rarely happens and I was SO happy!
4:00- Kennedy and Hunter begging to have chocolate covered pretzels as their after-school snack. Can't remember if I gave in or not. I quickly clean the house, yeap nearly everyday at 4:00 pm it gets a quick-fix.
4:30- My favorite 3-year old... I love this kid.
AND... My favorite time of day... Jay gets home!
5:00 pm- Dinnertime! Those Fajitas are yum! (My parents eat dinner with us a lot, love it.)
5:30- Hunter gets his much wanted computer time!
6:00- My awesome hubby cleaned up dinner for me! I think this day I was helping my parents figure out where they should stay in San Diego.
6:30 pm- Family time. Crewser crawls, Hunter begs Jay to play "just one game" on his cell phone, and Kennedy dances.


7:00 pm- Time for mom to leave to go to Haylee's party!

7:30 - 9:30 pm: To Haylee's! Megan was there too, and I talked to Haylee's mom forever too, she might as well be my age. Love her.

10:00 pm- Back home, time to do laundry :( I hate laundry!
10:30 pm- But I am so thankful I have a husband who helps me fold it.
11:00 pm- Time for bed.
*Disclaimer: I do feed my children, it just so happened that we were only eating once during "photo time".
Now, your turn to show me your day. It seems much more fun to read others... so do it, please.

5 comments:

Tori and Steve said...

Cute idea! I think I better do it!

Tristan said...

I loved this post! Fun!

I will have to do it! Give me a few days though...

bladenfamily said...

That was fun. I may just do it as well.

bladenfamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
R.B. and Cyndee Probert said...

Kir! Thanks so much for your post! Being a mom is hard enough and I am stressing out about going back to work, but if you can do it with 3 kids, I can do it! Love you lots!