Thursday, December 16, 2010

Just happy...

Today I read an email that inspired me to blog. It makes me really sad that I haven't been blogging, because I think it's great for family and personal history, a great outlet, and an awesome way to stay in touch, etc. Really, I love blogging. It's hard for me though; the best way for me to explain my life is like a juggler who can only juggle so many balls, throw one more in and one gets dropped, try to pick that one up and you drop two others. I feel like between my job, my business, being a mom, cooking, cleaning, etc. I have little time for other stuff. Anyway, no excuses! I'm getting it done tonight!
It's so nice to be able to sit down, wonder what to blog about and all that comes to mind is how happy and content I am with life. Yeah I yelled at my kids (multiple times) today, yeah I have crap all over my table, floors to be vacuumed and about 1/2 the presents left to wrap, but I just feel happy.
I love my kids, love their ages and their interactions. I love watching Crew; he's at the age where he loves to be silly and show off for people. I love Hunter. He wants so hard to be good and he tries so much. He makes me laugh everyday. Kennedy is just my angel, God knew I would need a saint and He gave me her... I love that girl.
I love my job. I love that I can go there and do something that makes me feel so fulfilled. I understand that being a working mom isn't for everyone and I understand that many moms have to work. Fortunately, I feel like I have the best of both worlds, I get to be home and I get to work in the office a few times a week too. My job makes me happy. Even though sometimes it can be SO stressful, I learn new things all the time. I have co-workers and a boss who are awesome. I can laugh with them and share my feelings with them. One thing I have always loved about working is that it gives you the opportunity to become friends with people that you would likely not 'pick' to befriend, it's taught me that I can be friends with nearly everyone.
I love my business. I am able to use my creative outlet and make a bit of money while doing it! I love seeing the faces of brides when they see what we've done; I love following my heart when I feel like people might need a break financially. I am thankful for the opportunity to get to know how to run a business.
I love my friends. Sometimes being a mom can be such a lonely job and sometimes I feel like I don't have many friends, but I have some of the most AMAZING friends. Friends who, even from a distance, make me feel loved nearly every day.
I love my Jay. He is the best person for me, he loves me. He makes me so happy everyday, I can't imagine sharing my life with anyone else. He is such a blessing to me.
I am in a place in my life when I just feel content, and although my days aren't very content and always full of crazy children and some days I think I'm seriously gonna lose it and tomorrow I might think I was crazy for saying I love my children (I do love them, but hopefully every mom agrees that there are days they would sell the 4-year old)... I really do love it.
I am just happy that this is where my life has taken me, to be married to my best-friend, surrounded by people I love and respect. I'm just happy.
Here are a few shots to make me happy, that I took with my Canon t1i which also makes me happy (thanks for the suggestion, Steph)!






3 comments:

sharon. said...

This put a smile on my face. I am happy you are happy! I love being happy. Your kids are, of course, adorable as can be!

bladenfamily said...

AMAZING pictures!! Don't you love your camera. Your pictures really look great! Next time I see ya I'll show you a few of my favorite tricks.
You are one lucky girl. You have a beautiful family. You deserve every last bit of it. I love you so much!

Jay Weight said...

Kira I am so very lucky to have you. I love that you are such an example to me and to so many others. You are a great mother to our beauties (You have taught me a lot about patience--believe me.) You are the best and I love you--even more than ;)