Monday, March 4, 2013

Choose to Be Happy

Choose to Be Happy- that's our family motto.  We try to live it and be happy, because happiness really is a choice.  However, like many other righteous decisions sometimes deciding to do so can be really hard.  Sometimes, I want to bathe in self-pity, have no responsibilities and sleep-in till noon (well, in reality, I always want to sleep-in till noon.)  For pretty much all of 2012 and unfortunately the first seven weeks of 2013 were filled with a lot of challenges for our little family. Thankfully, nothing major nor nothing life-altering, but it was really just like a "kick-us-while-we're-down" 59 weeks.  It felt like one lame thing after another.  It got old- and sometimes choosing to be happy wasn't so easy.  But, the past few weeks I've felt so different, (hopefully saying it out loud isn't jinxing nature!) I feel really happy!  And I've hardly had to put forth any effort to feel that way.  I don't know if it's the weather, the fact that the horrible month of February is finally over, the thought that the questions about our families future are (maybe/ possibly) finally being answered, or just what.  I don't know what the difference is, but I am so happy, to feel happy without effort! I feel loved and appreciated and feel close to my Heavenly Father.  I love the time I spend with my kids, viewing their childhood innocence, while watching them grow and mature.  I love my little house and making it mine and decorating for all the fun holidays.  I love and feel so loved by my husband.  He really is pretty much the coolest person I know.
I feel I've had so many negative and sad feelings lately and just want to make sure I know (cause guaranteed I will probably have a sucky time in the future) it does end.  And even though the lady at the Sushi House really pissed me off on Saturday- my happiness is in my control and is still my choice.  Even though, it is still my choice, sometimes it comes easier than others.  I am thankful for those times.
And because no post is complete without pictures here are a few of the fun-days we've had lately (our nice camera broke while Jay was in Africa.  I am sad- but still choosing to be happy :)
March 1st- Kennedy and I on our Mommy/ Daughter date.  Dinner (her choice- One Man Band) and the Broadway across America Shrek play at Capital Theater.  We had SO much fun!

Feb 15th- Hunter and I on our Mommy/ Son date!  We went to the 3D Ice Age movie at the dinosaur museum, and then to frozen yogurt.  Loved the night out with my lil' gentleman.

Feb 8th- Since Daddy was in Africa, Grandpa Bill took Miss Kennedy to the Valentines dance.  She had a great time and is so lucky to have amazing grandparents!

Video games- they make Hunter love Friday nights!

February- One of the cute little orphans Jay met on his trip to Liberia with Sahbu- someday I will write a lot more about this.  This organization has touched our lives in so many ways.

March 1st- Crew and HD on the 'guy date' with dad!  They went to the Hutching's museum with their dad.  They got to play drums, touch snakes and scorpions, and even hold petrified dinosaur poop.  They loved it!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Kira!
The address is
http://maddiandandrew.blogspot.com/
(obviously did that before I had the twins!)
Thanks!
Lisa