Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is this just me?

A friend calls while I'm registering the kids for soccer, promise I'll call her right back,
I realized when she calls me back about 40 minutes later, it totally slipped my mind.
Later:
Going pee... out of TP.
Yell for child to save my day and bring me some from the other bathroom.
Go downstairs to look for TP, get distracted by great smelling Bath and Body hand soap,
Select one to place in bathroom where eldest is peeing, she's out of TP.
Realize that is why I went downstairs in the first place.
Notice birthday gifts for Kennedy's friends,
I need to throw them in bags; I'll grab those when I get downstairs to get the TP.
Go downstairs.
No TP, why in the *&#* is that not on the grocery list then?!
Subconsciously cuss out my hubby for neglecting to tell me we were out of TP. (c'mon of all things to forget!)
See some Flipz (chocolate covered pretzels) on the shelf (yes, I hide them from myself).
Eat some, but limit myself to three.
Go upstairs to write TP on the grocery list.
AGAIN notice the birthday gifts that need bags.
Grab some business docs to file away when I go downstairs to find gift bags...
Go downstairs.
Notice the laundry is ready to be hung and switched.
Do some laundry.
Turn on the TV to keep me entertained while folding a bit.
See Justin Beiber and Usher dancing and singing together.
What made Justin Beiber so famous so fast?
He sings like a girl.
Go back upstairs to see what HD needs (he's yelling for me in bed.)
Notice the blasted gifts again!
Take care of Hunter.
Go downstairs.
Finally get the blasted gift bags.
Go upstairs, load the blasted gift bags.
Review tomorrow's day on my phone,
realize it's super busy and I need to get ahead NOW!
Decide to clean the kitchen and then finish nephew's baptism invites.
Clean the kitchen (yeap, I remembered the first time.)
Get on the computer to do that,
"Aw, look, I've left some blogs open..."
Check blogs...
THAT was like an hour ago!
And I totally forgot the Final Finals game was on tonight (Go Celtics!)
My brain is 90-years old!

4 comments:

i'm erin. said...

welcome to my world! Urg, don't you hate the forgetfulness. ha ha.

Tristan said...

I've done very similar things ;-) You are not alone my friend!

Shayla Shumaker said...

You totally just described ME! I'm glad I'm not alone in the world... My mother is of the opinion that I dont even try, but what happens during my day is never for lack of effort!

JaMilLyN said...

story of my life! :)