Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No tears?

So, she started first grade today and weird enough this was much more difficult than when I left her for kindergarten. I cried (shocker). The thought of my baby girl being gone for 6 1/2 hours kills me! The thought of her going to get school lunch by herself and not being there to help her, just didn't seem right.

When Kennedy came home the first thing she said to me was "Mom, I think 1st grade might be better than kindergarten." which is saying a TON! She loved kindergarten and loved her teacher, but looks like first grade might give kindergarten a run for its' money.

Kennedy, I am so proud of you! I will miss you like crazy, but I am so happy that you are so excited for school. I know you will make lots of friends and memories. You are growing into an amazing girl, really there aren't many out there like you. Every single teacher you've ever had has told me how they are so impressed by you and your desire to help others and your caring intuition for others. You really tend to take care of those who need you. You were meant to be in this family, baby doll, and I love you more than words can express.

2 comments:

Tristan said...

Her hair looks so so cute!! Good job mama!! Everything about her is beautiful!

bladenfamily said...

Sheesh! I have tears. She is such a beautiful girl.