Thursday, September 16, 2010

To Whom It May Concern:

To Whom It May Concern:

Although my baby is nearly 20 months old (and should've been sleeping through the night for nearly a year now!), I really do love waking up with him nearly every night. I love making him bottles, changing his diaper, going for a quick hallway walk, or even just hanging out with him in the middle of the night. I love our little "midnight rendezvous" It's keeping him young right?! And when you have a job, a business, a house, and 3 children to take off the next day, who needs a full night's sleep?! Not me.
Also, please don't mind or change the fact that he still bawls needlessly for hours, rarely naps, and wakes up at the drop of a hat. I really enjoy all the time I spend with him and even love it more when he's awake and super ornery. I love that he unloads the cupboards and throws everything he finds down the stairs. I enjoy cleaning up after him all day, really!
Please don't let my baby know that sleeping is okay, and really just part of life.

PS- INSERT SARCASTIC FONT EVERYWHERE!

Love,
Kira

5 comments:

Tristan said...

I feel your pain. Sometimes it is nice for me to know that other Moms understand and get it. So I'm telling you that I understand and get it. Lots of love to you!

Jay Weight said...

This is when I say...Thank You. And I love you...tons. I can't handle it for the first 5 minutes I walk in the door from work. Kira, how do you do it?

Weight Family said...

Jay, you commenting on the blog made my day! And I owe you a HUGE thanks for getting up with the crazy kid WAY too often. Love ya tons babe!

bladenfamily said...

You make me laugh. Being a mom is so hard most of the time. Who knows...maybe he'll be your best teenager. He's just getting all of his trouble making out of the way now. Besides, he is pretty much the cutest so you have to love him. He's lucky to have you as a mom.

Shayla Shumaker said...

Oh, I know where you're coming from! I finally had to let bennett scream through the night just last month (he's only 11 months though) because with this pregnancy i've been SOOOOO tired. I feel your pain, you are an amazing mom, and even though its hard to remember in the middle of the night or in the middle of a screaming fit... they are totally worth it! Being a mom really is the hardest ever and you are doing a great job!