Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thankful, even more now.

So, 2 years ago Kennedy had these darling twin boys in her pre-school class. I didn't know them too well, but about one year ago that same family moved into our ward. Then about a month after that I found out that the mom of those little boys was my business partner's sister-in-law; and a few months after that this family found out that the dad had leukemia.
The family has since moved out of our ward to be closer to their family, but I think of them all the time. Really now, they are just waiting. Counting each day they get with their husband, dad, son and brother as a miracle. I feel a little silly sitting down to blog about the trials of another family and how they've affected me so much, but the family is just ironically similar to my own: they have 3 children, their oldest (twins) are in 1st grade, they've been married 10 years (all the same as Jay and I).
Anyway, I just feel so humbled and so thankful to have what I have and to have knowledge of my Savior and His atonement. I can't imagine what this family is going through. Sometimes I wonder if God gives these sorts of trials so one family so that many others can learn from it, learn to be thankful for everything we have. It doesn't seem fair at all that people actually really have to deal with this. It seems so easy to look at life and it's "problems", "problems" that seem to control our moods, our priorities, and our time; "problems" that aren't even problems!
I stink at being eloquent with words, but I bawl every time read this family's blog... I just can't even imagine.
And yes, I am sure that tomorrow I will still wake up and complain about my house being dirty and my baby stuffing cereal down the air-vents; but maybe for some time I can really turn my focus to what is really most important in life, hug my babies a little tighter, and thank my Father that I know what I know.

Please keep this family in your prayers. If you'd like to read about their situation, you can follow at: http://clintandamyjepperson.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

sharon. said...

I knew them from primary, but I had no idea about their dad. That is so sad :( I will pray for them.