Saturday and Sunday we had a healthy baby!
Monday, February 21st- Just as we were leaving from St. G to head home Crewser got a fever... sad.
Tuesday- Took him to the doctor. It looks like strep, but the culture is negative. The ears look good; so they send us home and tell us that we still need to bring him back in if he doesn't seem to be improving.
Wednesday PM- the kid starts SCREAMING, it was so sad. He just kept saying "owie" over and over. It was so sad. It lasted all night...
Thursday- And all day! It was horrible. He screamed all night...
Friday- And all day! It was horrible! Thursday night I stopped counting after about the 17th time he woke up. Seriously. Thank heavens I have an amazing husband who helped to maintain my sanity. I got on the phone as soon as the doctor's phone lines were open and held on the line for about 20 minutes. When I was finally able to speak with someone, my doctor had no open appointments. BLASTED! I am so tired of seeing so many different doctors. So, I run all over tarnation doing "mom" biz, while trying to get all my month-end stuff done for my job and trying to not go crazy due to the screamer. Went to the doctor, and the poor kid has little tiny cold sores all over his mouth. It broke my heart. Doctor tells me not much can be done.
Jay sleeps downstairs since we know the only way the kid will get any sleep is right next to one of us. We have another bad night, and another bad day.
Saturday- Our weekend mostly consisted of one of us sitting on the couch holding a baby and the other running errands and being parent to the other two.
Sunday- Baby is better than Saturday.
Today- Baby is better than yesterday.
Tomorrow- Will be better than today.
BUT... I've created a monster. All the late night snuggling with the boy has somehow led him to believe that he must sleep with or near Jay and I. NOT COOL. He cried and cried when we tried to lay him down in his own room, so he ended up in our room :( My day old newborns aren't even allowed in my bedroom, let alone an overly ornery 20-month old baby who rolls under my bed in the middle of the night and we have to wake up to save him. I really hope new habits don't die hard. I need this kid to cut this out, immediately!





2 comments:
Kira! I am feeling so bad for you! When this is all over, you and Jay should go on vacation! Alone!
I almost forgot that he rolled crawled under our bed...thinking about that again made me laugh out loud!
I love you Kira! You're the best person I know and wouldn't want to share our crazy, sick baby with anyone else.
Thanks for always being so awesome and someone I look up to. Love you!
Post a Comment