October 2011:
So, there are those people out there who've lived in all parts of the country, and some who've even lived in other countries. I've always kinda wished I'd been one of those peeps, that I'd have been able to say- "oh, back when we were living in Iowa" (yeah- I even picked one of the most potentially boring states to help get my point across) but I married homegrown, and we are both WAY too in love with our city. (Obviously, we left it to live in the neighboring city for 4 years- and that was it for us). Jay and I each grew up here and have great memories of it as kids. Before we had kids I really thought I could live wherever and be okay with it, but as time wore on my kids were quickly falling in love with living so close to their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. They love their school and the neighborhood, as do Jay and I. So, needless to say making the decision to move took us over 8 months. We felt like we needed to invest more into our current home or invest into a new home, we just had to decide which it was. Being that Jay's dad is a contractor- we thought that building was an opportunity we needed to experience (and building a home is on our "bucket" list). So, Jay and I have decided to make the not-so-big, temporary move to my parents' apartment for the next who-knows-how-long (it has to be at least a year due to new regulations- lame). No tears, no tears- (I keep telling myself). Wish us luck on our big move.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Glad you updated! I'm homegrown and so is Drew, but I think in the future we actually might make that big leap to the big unknown. Scary.
Post a Comment