I thought about posting 9 unique things no one knows about our relationship, 9 things we have accomplished together or 9 things we have overcome together. But I think I'll stick to the traditional cheesy reasons I am so in love with him:
1- He is a gentlemen. When I was in the dating potion of my life, I would never date a boy twice if he didn't open my door while on a date. I thought if someone didn't respect me enough while we were dating, they wouldn't treat me right when we were married. I'm pretty sure this 'test' paid off since Jay still opens my door for me and tells me he loves me everyday.
2- He accomplishes his goals. Jay seems to achieve everything he sets his mind to. The thing I probably love most is that he does it is a very discreet and humble way. He doesn't do it for others' praise, he does it for himself.
3- He helps me accomplish my goals. Getting married at a young age, really was kind of a hurdle in my life. There were so many things I wanted to be successful at and while I didn't feel that being married or having a family would stop me from achieving my goals, I definitely knew it would make it more of a challenge. Jay has made sure I've accomplished everything I've wanted.
4- He makes me laugh. I can laugh with Jay all the time, that makes me happy!
5- He likes what I like. I totally understand that for many couples this isn't necessary. They each have their own separate interests and while we do have separate interests, most of the things we enjoy doing we do together and since my 'love language' is time, it makes it SUPER nice that we are able to spend so much time together.
6- He's a good make out and totally hot. Nuff said.
7- He's a great dad. He helps me take care of the three amazing treasures given to us from heaven. I am thankful everyday for our amazing little family and the part he plays in it. I love him.
8- He makes me want to be a better person. Jay is likely the kindest and most genuine person I know. He loves others and is always willing to serve. He loves the students he teaches and is always inspired by others. Sometimes I am a sarcastic cynic and he gently reminds me to 'be nice'.
9- He's everything I've always wanted. Cheesy I know, but seriously Jay is perfect... for me. He is the person I didn't know was out there and I am SO thankful to have him in my life.
BONUS- I couldn't leave this one off. He's taught me to apologize. I came from a very stubborn Schrader family were we didn't apologize even if very in the wrong. Jay has taught me to apologize, often first, and always when you think you're right. It's something that has helped me a lot with relationships in my life.
I love you, Jay!





4 comments:
You guys make such a great couple! I am happy to call you both friends! I hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary! You deserve it!
That is sweet. You guys really are perfect for each other! I remember your reception...how fun!
You two are so cute together!! Congrats!
Wow Nine! That goes by fast huh. You guys are so perfect for each other and totally awesome. luv erin
Post a Comment