Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This is Me.

Today I helped at Kennedy's kindergarten field day and while I was sure to dowse my face, which rarely burns, thoroughly with sunscreen I neglected my very sun-virgin easy to burn back.

Earlier this evening I largely overestimated the capacity of my water-bottle and consequently ended up with about 1/4 gallon on the floor. Yeah, you would think that one would have noticed before losing that much H2o to the floor but, no. I swear sometimes I live in la-la land.

This was followed minutes later by a semi-fall/ half-jump down my stairs when I mistook the 3rd to last step for the last. Thankfully I somehow figured it out mid-step and made my fall a graceful 2 stair jump (I may or may not have been running to my DVR to ensure that American Idol was set to record).

I just types "months" above where minutes is now.

These are things that happen daily.

I make mistakes. I am not perfect and I know that, and I know that none of us are, but sometimes I feel like it's being flashed in my face over and over again. I feel that I am good and that I can get-by when it comes to nearly anything, but sometimes I feel this void in my life because I am not great at anything. I have talents that I take pride in, but sometimes I wish my best was the best.

Until then, it's me and my flawed self.

Apparently Kennedy takes pity on me though. She made me this for mother's day. I think it was supposed to be mom's pretty book, but turned out to be mom's 'pity' book. I think it's more fitting this way anyway,
(This post was not for any pity comments. Just what was on my mind. Really)

4 comments:

Loralee said...

When it comes to you, Kira - there is nothing but pure joy that comes to mind. Not the fake pretend false joy that people see in films, but the tangible sunset kind of joy that you see all the time. You are a breath of fresh air in a stuffy room. You are a genuine smile. When I think of you, I see a woman who is so herself that she touches millions of lives with her joy without even knowing it. The best kept secret about you is that you are already the best at being you! Thank you for touching me, Lee, and everyone else you know! All our love!

P.S. We are coming in June!

Tristan said...

I love you!! Everything you listed here on this post is just some of the reasons why I love you :-)

bladenfamily said...

I love you, too! Seriously, you are the most genuine and caring person. Every time I talk with you I laugh. I know you didn't write this so we would all tell you nice things. You just wanted to seem REAL in a blogging world where people only write about their best stuff. You are the best and I love you!

hlw said...

I loved reading this. I swear, Kira, this is my life too. People really don't know what a dork I am on the inside. Maybe they do and they are just being nice by not telling me. I think you are a great mom and such a funny, nice person. Thanks for always making me smile!