Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday.

So, I've seen blogs that do Thankful Thursday every week, but I don't do that. (simply because I don't want to ever feel obligated to blog every Thursday) I did, however, keep a gratitude journal for about 2 years of my life (which were quite possibly 2 of my best years). I loved at the end of the day, whether the day was great or had totally sucked I sat down and thought of three things I was thankful for. It really helped me acknowledge my blessings and, in turn, I think I was more grateful for the things I did have in my life.
So, since November is all about giving Thanks and I maybe need to feel a bit more grateful for what life has handed me, I am doing Thankful Thursday for the month of November.
Today, on the cusp of going on a nice break with my mom and sisters... I am thankful for:
My mom and sisters:

My mom always inspires me. She went through so much as a child from her mom dying, to experiencing abuse and divorce, the foster care system, etc. I believe she went through a lot more than any child ever should. She never uses her past as an excuse, which I believe many people do. She is an amazing, very unselfish mom.
My sisters are both very different than I. We all have very different personalities, but we get along great. Both my sisters are quite a bit older than me and were both out of the house by the time I was seven. For a long time I felt I couldn't level with them and that they were worlds away from were I was in my life but as I've gotten older and gotten to know each of them better, they've become some of my very best friends.- and I can't wait to spend the weekend with them!

My home:
I've been tempted to take some pictures of my house this week, because it is a WRECK! And it would be proof that I am now able to let my house get dirty and still live through it. But I would be horribly embarrassing by those pictures, so I passed on that.
I love living in a place where I feel so safe and happy. I love my neighborhood and really love that we have made our house ours.

The baby swing:
The swing is where Crew spends a large part of his day, and some of the nights. I simply don't know how I would live without it. I would have REALLY tired arms.My job(s):
We know it is a blessing that Jay has a job that allows him to be home so much, the down side of his job is that I will probably have to work for forever. But I totally don't mind. I actually love my job. I love what I do everyday, I love that I get to go in the office for a few hours a week for a nice kid break, I love my co-workers, I love that someone is counting on me to do my best, I love that it's often a challenge, and I LOVE that I can do it from home and be with the people who mean the most to me.
I also really enjoy my business. It can be very stressful, but to think that I now have a (somewhat) profitable business that I run, is pretty awesome.

PS- I have no idea why my font sizes and colors are all jacked up. I spent like 20 minutes trying to fix it and now that I have wasted that 20 minutes of my life, I give up trying!

1 comment:

Tristan said...

I like this post a lot :)

Also I love that you spent 20 minutes trying to figure out the font sizing. ha ha