This week was... eventful. On Thursday evening just after Jay came home from work he started complaining that he didn't feel well. After a couple hours of intense pain he knew something was wrong and we left to go to the Instacare. They took a blood test and his white blood cell count came back at 16,000+ (10,800 is considered high). The doctors at Instacare suggested Jay go to the hospital for a CT scan. We got there and had to wait for an hour forty minutes for the contrast to be in Jay's colon. He got the CT scan and a few minutes later we had the results... he had appendicitis. The hospital called the surgeon and about an hour later Jay was in surgery. By now, it was about 1:30 am. I went home to call Jay's parents, get him some clean clothes, and catch a few z's (I got a full 40 minutes) and was back to the hospital just as Jay was getting to his recovery room. He only felt really bad for a few hours after surgery and is doing so good! He is pretty much 100% now! He went to church today and honestly, you would never know he went through all this.
I also just want to say thank-you to all of our friends and family. We had so much family and so many friends that were concerned and willing to do anything we needed to help us out. It was so nice to feel everyone's love and kindness. Even though, this ended up not being too big of an ordeal it was so nice to have so many people offering so much help. There are times in our lives that we really feel the presence of our friends and family. I was already really feeling grateful for good friends this week and after this weekend I am counting that blessing twice. It is so nice to have each of you in our lives. We love you all very much and know we truly are very lucky. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I had a very similar expirience with Ryan a few years ago, only Ryan's didn't go so smoothly. His appendix pretty much almost burst so he had infections for a month afterwards and was REALLY sick! So not fun! Glad to hear Jay is doing good and didn't have to go through all that!
Also tell Kennedy she can come to play at Maddie's house anytime! ;) We will for sure have to get together next time we are in Utah!
WHAT!?!?!? I'm glad things went so well for Jay. It's times like this I wish we were closer to our family and friends so we could help, but I'm glad you had all the help you did. Tell Jay and the kids hi from us! And I'm sure Jay is glad he has such an awesome wife to stand by his side!
ps...how's your camp planning comming? what's your theme?
I'm so glad to hear that he's doing better! How crazy that it all happened so fast!
Oh... and to answer your question on our blog. I'm due in October. I'm only 6 weeks... not too far along at all! :) It's exciting to have another baby to look forward to.
We miss you guys!
No waY! I don't believe that! I am glad things are going ok now. That can be scary. Sheesh!
Wow well I'm glad that everything is ok! We went through that right after we got married, but it was a little more complicated than that. It had already burst three weeks before they found out what was wrong and he spent four days in the hospital with drain tubes and a hefty dose of meds. Waited a month for surgery and it was out and he was good. SOOOOO glad that the dr. was on top of it for Jay!
Post a Comment