Ready to run (jog/ walk for us)!
Memorial Day, Monday, May 26th.I know our finish time isn't 'good' by any means, but we were just happy to have finished. We will definitely do another 5K soon.
Jay and I knew we wanted to run this 5K especially because it was a memorial run for a young dad who passed away tradgically leaving his wife and 3 kids. Jay and I went to high school with he and his wife as well.
We have been running a couple of times a week for a couple months now, but usually only a mile to a mile and a half at a time. The 5K was pretty hard for both of us, but we were really proud of ourselves and each other. We will try another one soon... Strawberry Days I think.
Kira's short description of the race= SORE LEGS!
Jay's short description of the race= TIRING!





9 comments:
I can't believe you ran a 5k! That is so awesome! Good for you guys!
I loved how it stopped raining right when we started the race and then started back up again after most were finished, it was great.
5K's are fun I am glad you have the running bug now!
I am so impressed!!! I have yet to make that accomplishment great job guys!!
Way to go, that is awesome!
time shmime, the important thing is that you both had fun and you tried something new. Good for you. I tried to do abs for the first time the other day since having Claire, and the next day I thought I had the flu. Until I remembered I had done abs the night before and then I laughed until I cried and killed my abs some more. Love you Kirza.
This is super! I actually am going to start training for a 5k too! I seriously am NOT a runner at all though so I have a lot of work to do. Congrats on running yours!!
Way to go!!! I'm so proud of you! 5K is a great way to start. I dream of running races. 5k, 10k, a half marathon, then a full. You have at least started somewhere. I just keep saying I want to do it and havn't acted on it. Maybe when I'm not pregnant anymore I'll give a 5k a shot!
Hey Kira! What is your email address? I can't seem to find it and I had a few questions for ya
Good job!
Post a Comment