
A jalapeno? Seriuosly?! Was she planning on making salsa?

So, I try my best to keep a tidy home... HOWEVER, it does not look as if Kennedy is working for the same goal. It seems like everyday we are cleaning up her room. We recently moved around her furniture, which apparently was a bad idea... it seems to get messier now than before. But last night I walked in her room and about went into a full on panic attack. LOOK AT THIS! Notice how the dresser cupboard is left open and the drawers on the nightstand! And the jalapeno?! I had to take a picture of that! (alright, it was most likely Hunter who migrated the jalapeno from the garden to the bed, but come' on... it is a jalapeno... in a little girl's bedroom, not normal.) I think I have made it simple enough for her to keep it clean. Her closet has 3 pull out bins for toys as well as the bins in her nightstand. I get so frustrated dealing with the same messes every single day!
The problem isn't so much cleaning the room, but keeping the room clean. I am hoping for ANY suggestions anyone may have...
NOTE: This is the worst I had ever seen it. I don't want friends thinking we store perishable food in our bedrooms.
7 comments:
My suggestion is don't let it bother you so much. Seriously, it really won't kill you if her room isn't perfect for a day or two. I really enjoy a clean house too, but I just get so tired of cleaning up the same messes too. So I clean certain areas of the house every day and then leave other rooms to clean up a few times a week. I do think it is a good idea to teach your kids, especially daughters to clean up though.
I think it is part of the child's personality. I always had to have my room totally clean but Mindy's room was always messy. My mom would find open cans of food under her bed and stuff, gross. But we are still that way. I have to make my bed every day but she doesn't. Maybe you could make a cute chore chart for her or something she could put stickers or magnets on every morning or night. I think you're doing the right thing with all the bins though. Make sure they are labeled with words and a picture so she knows where you want stuff. Or, just put all the toys downstairs in your toy room. Whatever is on the floor at night you just pick up and put away. She'll get the idea that if she wants to keep it she puts it away. Wow, I really sound mean. I just know how you feel about a clean house!
You are brave to take pictures of the inside of your house. Don't feel to bad though, everyone's house is messy.
It it some to this, do it. All I can say is, if she doesn't put it away- it goes in a "secret" bin in the garage. She can do extra chores to earn her beloved toys back. If that's too much to ask, toss 'em! That is my ultimate plan with my kids.
That is, if push comes to shove.
wow typo in that last comment. I'm typing quickly in the dark. "If it comes to this." Sorry, as I reread it with the typo I seemed kinda harsh. You can't control what your kids do to some extent but if she wants to, she'll pick up her stuff and if she knows she will loose them if she doesn't might help. Lets just say it did the trick with some of my nieces. Oh, and the jalapeno- Hillarious!! :)
haha so cute. my friend took pictures of what toys go in what drawers and taped them to the drawer so when they clean up, they know exactly where everything goes. She also does play money system for rewards to buy toys.She takes a dollar a day away when they have messy rooms.
So so funny Ethan is always making me "surprises" of all types of things from food to garbage!!
Post a Comment