So, I am a maker of lists. I love it. Something about having a list makes me feel so much more together and functional. I make lists of things I want to do over a long period of time, shopping lists, to do lists, lists about why I like people, lists of things I need to improve on, etc. I love lists... however, recently my lists have made me feel very unaccomplished. Recently, I rarely finish everything on my list and then I feel really crappy. So, yesterday was my goal day to slip back into somewhat of a routine after the changes that came with the new baby, Jay being home, Kennedy finishing school and dance and me taking a break from my jobs. I knew if I made a list I would fail miserably, but felt the need to "write it out". SO, I created a list... not of things I needed to do, but of things I had done! I highly recommend this! It made me feel so much more accomplished than a list that needed 14 items marked off. Jay tells me I am the only person that would do this, but I know there are others out there with the same in
fatuation over lists :) Here is my list:
- Talked to my best friend :)
- Made 3 beds
- Vacuumed
- Changed 9 diapers
- Got kids dressed and ready
- Unloaded dishwasher
- Loaded dishwasher
- Sent/ received 56 text messages (whoa... good thing I have unlimited texts!)
- Worked 3.75 hours
- Fed Crew 6 times
- Made Lunch
- Loaded dishwasher (again)
- Made dinner (thanks to awesome family this was simply puting the dish in the oven :)
(around this point Jay came home and took over the parental responisibilities so I could catch a little break; he rocks!)
So, does this list not sound like I did a TON?! I love it. I may have a new way to create lists, at least for the times in my life when my "check-lists" won't get checked.
7 comments:
As I was reading your post I was thinking, "she needs to make a list of all the things she has accomplished today" and then I finished your post. That is exactly what I do when I look at my daily To Do list and feel I have not accomplished anything. So, you are not alone in your list making nor are you alone in you "what I have accomplished" list. Now, I would like to see your list of what you like about me! :-S
That was such a good idea. I need to make one of these lists. I make lists of things that really need to be done and then never do them. I feel like all I have time to do are the little humdrum things of life. (change diapers, feed, bathe, dress children. LAUNDRY!!!! on and on! thanks for the post!
You are seriously so funny!! I am not a list maker at all but I love that you do it :)
No !!you are not the only one with this kind of list and i have one for every day and when i don't have it i feel like mine day went to waist.so keep it going .
that's awesome to look at your positives and not your negatives. I'll have to try that.
that's awesome to look at your positives and not your negatives. I'll have to try that.
Kira, I don't need a list to know you are amazing. you shouldn't be so hard on your self. I think you are the best.
Post a Comment