My parents and Josh stayed the night on the 4th and were able to come with us to the AeroSpace Museum. Okay, Josh, look at the camera, do you always have to be so goofy?
Kids working on the pinata! Kennedy got some good hits in and made a few dents in the fish.
Hunter and Avery loved to hang around the drink bin and eat the ice... it was so cute!
I learned this new trick with my camera... cool huh?!Hooray for the 4th of July! It is one of Jay and my very favorite holidays. Last year we were visiting Jay's parents in Europe over the 4th so we didn't get to experience the traditional BBQ, and fireworks, so I was really excited for this year's holiday.
Our little family's tradition is to go each year to the pool and watch the fireworks from there, but since the High School field is under construction we had to find other plans. Thankfully the party invites weren't low in number and the hardest part was deciding what to do.
We chose to go up to Eric and Tiff's and since their home is a bit of a drive, we decided to stay over for 2 nights and made a little event of it. Our 4th was spent:
- Breakfast at the DATC
- Free blow-up toy carnival (where we found out when Kennedy's skirt flew over her head on the slide that she had chosen to go "commando" that morning... no more slides for Kennedy that day)
- 4th of July parade
- Everyone took a 2-hour nap!!! (Now that is what I call a holiday!!! When does this EVER happen?!)
- BBQ and homemade ice cream. - I love the ice cream part!
- FIREWORKS- my favorite part!
We wrapped up the weekend on Saturday with a fun trip to the AeroSpace Museum and Tiger's Blood ice cream slushies- YUM!
I am so thankful to live in this country! It really is a choice land... I am happy to be where I am.










1 comment:
Kennedy's dress is so cute!! You are such a cute little family! Glad you had so much fuN!
Post a Comment