Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mom and Dad Weight get home!

Grandma meets Hunter D.
President and Sister Weight, we love you!

17 grandkids happy to reunite with their grandparents.
I had butterflies as we saw them come down the escalator in the airport!

Three and a half years ago Jay's parents sat down with President Monson and were asked to serve as Mission Presidents for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They were told they would serve an English- speaking mission, but when they received their call they were called to the Croatia- Slovenia mission. They left at the end of June 2005. Kennedy had just started walking and talked just a little. About a year after they left we added little Hunter to our family, so this was a really special reunion for our children. The 3 years seemed to go SO fast, but when I put into perspective all of the things that took place while they were gone, I cannot imagine we lived so long without them here with us. We were so happy to see them come home.
WE MISSED YOU TONS MOM AND DAD AND ARE HAPPY YOU ARE HOME!

1 comment:

Steven and Jennifer said...

Wow that is awesome, I can't believe it's been that long either.