HE WILL NOT SLEEP! I am certainly not used to this as Hunter slept through the night by week 1, Kennedy was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. But Crew, now 8 weeks old, has not come close (I think we've had maybe 2 nights when he's just woken once). The problem is he was down to being up just twice a night, but then we went on vacation this last week and he was up 4 - 6 times every night! When we came home last night I was excited to get a full nights rest, but NOPE, we were up with him 6 times! When I don't get sleep I get really tired and kranky, it's too much for me. Any ideas?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Miles is still waking up at least once a night. Eli did the same thing. Just count your blessings that your first two were such good sleepers. There is a really good book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It gives very good advice and is just a good reference book. for me motherhood=always tired from lack of sleep. But you learn to cope in the long run.
Preston didn't start sleeping through the night until about 3 months old. My doc told me that as soon as they double their birth weight then you can let them "cry it out". As hard as that is, I have let Preston cry it out a few times. Luckily now if he wakes up I can usually just give him his binki.
Hang in there! I feel your pain!!
OK I know this is my third comment, but I put blankets under Preston's mattress to elevate it a little bit and that helped out A LOT. Now I've got him so he will sleep flat on his back.
My almost 7 month old wakes 1-3 times a night every night. We took to co-sleeping so that I could just roll over and feed him and not have to wake all the way up. It has been a life saver! Good Luck!
read baby wise, I love it! totally helped corgan get on a schedule
I also love Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy baby. Good luck! That can be so hard!
Welcome to my world! I didn't sleep more than 4 hours at a time until my guy was 9 months old. That is when my Dr told me he was old enough to cry it out. I only had to do it 1 night. He cried for about 1/2 an hour then slept through the night. After that he has been really good. I think what helped us is that he has always been able to fall asleep on his own (he never liked being rocked) and takes good naps. One of the things I read is that sleep leads to more sleep. I think it is true. The more over tired he got, the less he would sleep at night. I am not so much set on times of the day he sleeps, but just that he gets enough sleep in the day. Bedtime is a set time but the naps never have been. We should talk sometime!!
Post a Comment