Friday, July 3, 2009

Lemonade, St. George, Toliets, Travel and Family!

This is going to be the queen-mother of all blog posts. Simply put 11 of the past 12 days of our lives have been spent with one or both of us (Jay or myself) away from home. Here is a little glimpse of where life has taken us over the past weeks.

First of all, wondering why "TOLIETS" is part of my post title?! After about one week of agressive potty-training, Hunter is done! His best-friend and cousin, David, potty-trained just days before Hunter and that was reason enough for him... he's the boy who does it when he wants. Anyway, he wanted it and about 6 days later was done! No accidents in over 2 weeks! So, I only had 2 in diapers for 3 1/2 weeks! YEAY!
LEMONADE:
Kennedy had her first ever Lemonade Stand! It went well! She made like $8. Mostly from repeat customers. I think Hunter and David were her top customers!

Hunter and David both enjoying their lemonade!

ST. GEORGE
Our bags are packed, we're ready to go:
-SWIMMING
-SHOPPING
-READING
-SLEEPING
-EATING
-PLAYING
-LAUGHING
We went swimming at Veyo. I really love the atmosphere of that place.


Daddy and Kennedy at Veyo.
We went to see UP! Loved it! Made me miss g-pa George.
Daddy and Crewser
Steph, Mike, and baby Halle. Thanks for the good times!
This was Hunter's favorite part of the trip! I doubt we will ever not include the Hidden Valley Splash Pad as part of our trips to St. George. This place is so much fun for the kids. EVERY park should be like this one!

Cleanest public park bathroom I'd ever seen... had to take a picture!
Jay's parents recently purchased a rockin' condo in Ivins. It was so fun to visit and relax for a couple of days! A couple of the nights we cooked s'mores over the BBQ. Loved that! Who doesn't love S'mores!?
The condo had a pool and hot tub, swimming is always an awesome fun part of vacationing!
Jay played the "worm" game with the kids at the pool. That was Kennedy's favorite part of the entire trip.
We also went with the Bladen's to Pirate's Island. It was fun, the kids loved it!
Hunter and Daddy, Kennedy and Mommy making their best pirate faces!

Hunter was OBSESSED with getting tickets!

More tickets!
Pirates: Carter, Savanah, Kennedy, and Hunter
While there we went to see "Foot Loose" at the Tuachan. It was awesome fun! Kennedy is crying cause Hunter pinched her or something... I am sure.

The guy in "Foot Loose" was also in HSM and HSM2. Kennedy and I both thought it was awesome to meet someone who personally knew heart throb Zac Efron!
Gotta love this place!
So, while in St. George I rocked the sales at Children's Place! I got 23 items for under $78, that is less than $3.39 per item! That is less than shopping at Wal-Mart. The cute little dress Kennedy is sporting is one of my $4 finds! I even had a stranger ask me where I got the darling little dress! It's the best when you can add on "and it was only $4!" I am totally proud of my bargain shopping skills!
Gotta love the Shakes at In-N-Out!

TRAVEL AND FAMILY
Kira, Jacob, Mom Schrader, Eric
My cousin came to town! This is a story in itself. This cousin is my mom's (very estranged) brother's son. He is estranged for good reason and my cousin ended up staying a couple of days with Jay and I (ideally the nights we spent at home). I hadn't had really a chance to get to know him growing up so it was awesome to spend time with him.
We had a couple of weddings this week. This wedding was my favorite full wedding we'd done so far.

5 comments:

Tristan said...

Whoa Post! Love all the pictures!

Naomi said...

Wow! You have been busy! Baby Crew is just adorable! And we would LOVE to have you come visit anytime! :)

Kristine said...

So much fun! I already want to hang out with you all the time, and this just makes me want to even more!

Rochelle said...

I love the pirate faces!

bladenfamily said...

We were so happy you came down! It was great to see you! Next time you go down let us know and we'll go down too. Already missing it a ton...