Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The things I like about YOU!

Last week while Jay was gone, so many "guy" things happened. Since we were in such a hurry to get everything ready for scout camp so quickly after returning from St. George Jay didn't get a chance to mow the lawn, so I hired the neighbor boy. Our renters switched (some moved, others moved-in) we have agreed that Jay handles everything rental related so having to take care of the check-out at 11:00 pm wasn't my idea of a good time. That same day the swamp cooler at the rental went out... my awesome co-workers' awesome husband fixed that! That same day I came home to a 15-foot fountain spraying out of our sprinkler box... needless to say, the week of scout camp is stinky, the week after scout camp is heaven! As tough as it is when he is gone, it always makes me appreciate him so much. I am so happy to have such an amazing husband who makes me so happy. When he's gone I realize it is the little things I miss most about him.
- I missed having someone to talk to at the end of the day.
- I missed his smile, Seriously I have always loved Jay's smile. He makes me feel so happy, and comfortable, and safe.
- I missed hearing the kids laugh SO much. Around bedtime Jay plays with the kids so much that no one is ready to sleep! I missed the kids being so happy at that time. They missed him.
-I missed having someone to help with the baby overnight.
- I missed feeling "full"... as corney as it sounds when Jay is gone, life is so different. It feels really empty and lonely. Despite all the time I was able to spend with my amazing friends, I still needed Jay.
- I missed his help! So, it's no secret that I have been a little bitter about the way this summer has gone. We choose to have the baby when we did so he could be home, I love that he is a teacher so that he can be home. But so far this summer, he has not been home much. He has been helping a lot of other people, getting ready for scout camp, completing his online class, etc. However, even though he hasn't been home all day everyday (or any day) I realized how much he does to help us. I so appreciate having a husband who is willing to help with everything!

2 comments:

i'm erin. said...

OH that is such a nice post. I'm sorry the crap hit the fan like that. I hate when I have days like that. Jay rocks! And so do you Kira!

Tristan said...

Great post! He is awesome!