Last week Jay and I got back from Bear Lake, yeah we got back last week. That may give you an idea as to how cRAzY life has been since we've returned.
For those of you who don't know, I work from home; I run a business, I love making, checking, reading, stalking blogs; I do all my banking online; I do our budget online; I am nearly addicted to facebook; I pay bills online; all of which requires, my laptop...I LOVE MY LAPTOP! And it goes everywhere with me so when Jay asked me to leave it home, I wondered how I could survive for nearly a week without my 'connection', I have such a hard time just leaving things for even a day. So, it was a challenge. Anyway, turns out the trip was MUCH more relaxing because I didn't even have the option to log into work to "see if they needed anything" and I didn't even take calls on my cell or read any blogs or update my fb status (although I did send one picture... woops). And when I came home I still remembered all my passwords! It was nice to be able to read books, play board games, and just hold my kids. Trips like these are the ones not taken enough. It was a great time, and here is a fun re-cap:
Day 1 (well technically Day 2, but really Day 1, Day 2 was just a night) Played at the beach! Rode the Wave Runner!






Day 2: Playing at the Beach and on the Wave Runner! I rolled the Wave Runner with Kennedy on it. I swear she was scared of me for the rest of the trip!









Jay, Avery, Bri, Eric, Savanah, Hunter, Kennedy, Tiff, Dad and Mom.
Day 3: We stayed in and played games, had a BBQ, red books, played Bocce ball, fat bat, watched videos, and celebrated Hunter's birthday! AND Mini-Golf!


















Day 4: Hunter enjoyed his first-ever Mtn. Dew, courtesy of Eric- of course! Rented the boat and water wiennie, wave runner, made a sand-castle with my dad :), picnic on the beach, and Ice Cream!









Day 5: Chilled in the pool. More beach, more games, more ice cream and I think I took a nap?


Daddy and Hunter!
Avery
Stud Muffin!
Savanah and Kennedy
Daddy and Crewser
Kira and her kiddos
Kennedy happy and not scared (obviously before I dumped her in the lake. It wasn't on purpose- BTW) Eric and Tiffy gettin busy in the background.
Building a sand castle, we did lots of that!
Crewser was such a little trooper!
Had an awesome BBQ with yummy corn!
Love this kid! Happy Birthday, kiddo!
Brielle, Grandma Marilyn, Kennedy, Hunter, Grandpa Bill, and Savanah.

So, I golfed the whole course one-handed and got 3rd place out of the 5 adults on our card! I rock!
Teaching the kids to golf was a riot!
See, baby Crew really was in attendance. He just maintains a very low profile.
Team Weight
Brielle- we love this girl!
SAvanah, Tiffany, Eric, Hunter, Kennedy, Jay
Our after golf shot. This day was awesome cause everyone was there!
We ordered the Leapster in December for Christmas. We got a smokin' deal, but it didn't arrive until January, hence, the gift has been in hiding for 6 months, but it was all worth it to see how excited he was. Maybe now he can stop playing with Kennedy's pink one!
I love these pics!
Out of all the baseball pics this one is my favorite. Our team was the Weight family plus Brielle, and this picture pretty much describes how the kids on our team played... Bri is an emotional little girl and was crying cause she didn't 'get it', Kennedy was pretty much in la-la land the whole time, and Hunter loved it, but had no idea what he was doing or where to run. It was awesome!
The kids also tried their hand at tennis... I'll think we'll stick to football as the family sport :)
So, these pictures may look safe. They may look like we are traveling at a safe speed with our lives in tact, but no... this was quite possibly one of the scariest rides in my life! A water wiennie composed of Tiffany, Eric, Myself, and Hunter must have simply been to irresistable for my dad. He hit every wake taking them at around 35 mph. It was FREAKY! I probably dropped more cuss in that 10 minutes than I do in a usual month, (and I got grief for it the rest of the trip). The best was after we almost rolled it Hunter casually said: "That was close." The kids loved the boat and water wiennie.
Is he not seriously the cutest?! I LOVE his look!
Happy cousins: Brielle, Kennedy, Savanah
No better way to end the day than with ice cream! If you go here, I suggest the Strawberry Shortcake shake...delish!
Kennedy, Jay, Hunter, Avery, Tiffany, Eric, bubble man
Trying out the dolphin Hunter got for his birthday. It's a FUN pool toy!
Day 6: More of everything! So relaxing. It was a great trip! Thanks to the Schrader family for being so totally awesome to hang out with! We love it!
Jay's favorite part of Bear Lake: Water wiennie, driving the boat, reading and relaxing (I asked for one and got four... guess he really liked it)
Kira's favorite part of Bear Lake: Taking a nap... and the cuss ride.
Kennedy's favorite part of Bear Lake: Cousins, and the water.
Hunter's favorite part of Bear Lake: Avery, going on rides (wave runner, boat, etc).
Crewser's favorite part of Bear Lake: Being a trooper and sleeping every where we went! I love you, baby.





3 comments:
Whoa! You weren't kidding about tons of pics!! Looks like you had a blast!
Glad you all had such a great time. It was fun to see pics of Tiff too. I love Hunter's hair, don't cut those curls!
OH I love all the bright colored pics. They are lovely. I think one of these days I need to go up there too. You missed girls night, you will have to come next time.
Post a Comment