Monday, July 27, 2009

To Remember...

Hunter recently potty trained (HALLELUJAH!) and now everytime he flushes the toliet he points out his little pointer finger, follows the TP (or poop or whatever happens to be in the toliet) around in a circle while saying "we go WEE WEE WEE, all the way home! Mom the poops live in that hole down there!" It's kinda gross, but I also seem to think it's hilarious and know it will be one of those things I'll miss when he stops.
It seems I go through phases when I love being a mom, and phases that I think its worth it, but SO hard. The past few weeks I have just loved it! I love my new baby; the noises he makes (he grunts instead of cries- most of the time. It's hilarious.), his new-found smiles. I love that my 3-year old tells me he loves me about every 1/2 hour. (There was a time, about 15 months ago that I wondered...). I love/ hate that Kennedy is so grown up. She is so helpful with the baby and comprehends a lot and even when we think she isn't listening to our conversation I find out later that she is.
Lots of the time it's so easy for me to wish the days away, but I love it when I take the time to savor my kiddos. I really do love being a mom, despite it being the hardest job in the world.


2 comments:

bladenfamily said...

Way to go on potty training. I for sure know I will miss them even though today I want to rip out all my hair. Thank you for the good reminder!

Tristan said...

Very well said!! Loved this post!