Friday, September 11, 2009

Living life.

I think I re-decide that life will never slow down weekly. But then, I see a free evening in my schedule and think that maybe I will have a full 4-hour block to dedicate to cleaning my house or reading, or maybe watching a show with Jay, but it seems like the time is taken with mundane tasks like making, eating and cleaning dinner. Reading to and bathing the kids. Yelling at them to stay in their room and go to sleep while I try to fold a load of laundry. So, needless to say, I have been busy! Doing what? A lot of everything and a lot of nothing. Mostly a lot of everything.
It seems like times like these I never blog and then suddenly my blog is inundated with the longest post of the century. And while that is sure to come, shortly (I have TONS of new pictures to post) I decided to post a short blog to mitigate the long blog that is sure to come (as soon as I find a 'spare' minute).

Jay:
It's no secret that he is my favorite person in the world. I love him! SO much! I would rather spend time with him than anyone else. I always get concerned when he goes back to work for the year; and while keeping a 'handle' on life is certainly more difficult without him, I think I appreciate him more when he isn't always here. I am so happy to be married to someone who helps me so much, around the house, with the kids and helps me to understand and work through situations that cause me stress. Not much beyond the ordinary has occurred to make me feel so deeply about my husband, maybe it's just him being gone more often now, but I honestly can't get enough of the guy. I am super lucky to be married to the coolest dude ever!

Funny kids:
Lots of my "to remember" funny things my kids have said will have to come with my condo post. But for now these are the hilarious things of the morning:

- I heard nothing. A bad sign. I asked Hunter what he was doing.
"Just hanging out in your room."
Uh-oh. I go to my room to find him stuffing my ear plugs (yeah, I have to have them when dogs bark at night or Jay talks in his sleep, in Spanish.) down the furnace vent. I ask him how many he put down there.
"Only like two-thousand!"

- Crew has started blowing bubbles on a regular basis. Hunter was spending lots of time with Crew this morning asking him to blow more bubbles so he can pop them.

3 comments:

Tristan said...

Life happens. I don't think I've posted for like 2 weeks. But I've got good excuses like we were all really sick.

Cute post!

bladenfamily said...

I love how much you love Jay. You are a great example to all of us. I think you're a great mom too. I hope you have a great weekend!

BriAnne said...

Hunter is hilarious!!! I know that feeling, when all is quiet - there's sure to be some kind of trouble looming!