Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy to be your Mommy!


For those of you who know Hunter well, know that he has TONS of personality. Fortunately, and unfortunately, his happy and naughty sides are both as extreme as the other. Last week I took Hunter to Dr. Wilcox for his 2-year checkup. Hunter was being his "happy self." Right away the doctor was laughing and telling me how he hadn't seen a 2-year old with this much personality in months and how Hunter just made his day. I told him how Hunter can be just as stubborn and difficult as he is funny and entertaining. Dr. Wilcox told me that he could only imagine, a child with that much personality would always be difficult. He also answered a lot of questions I've had about Hunter and how to best discipline him. He made me feel really good about being Hunter's momma. Maybe I am not doing this all wrong after all. Hunter really is such a fun, happy, healthy, hilarious child, with an evil streak 10% of the time. It was so nice for someone else to point out that "This kid is awesome!"; sure, he is difficult once in awhile, but I really need to focus on all the times that is isn't, and how much he makes me smile and laugh everyday. (Right now he is marching around on a box top yelling: "I love wedgies!"... seriously he must have gotten that from his sitter, we don't talk about wedgies much.)

I love you Hunter D, and I am Happy and Proud to be your Mommy!
(And thanks to Dr. W for helping me to remember that.)

Also, anyone who may be wondering, Hunter came in right at about 50% for his head and weight, and 70% for his height. Guess he's elongated that 10.5 lb 19" birth body he came with... :)

3 comments:

Tori and Steve said...

You're an awesome mom! You do such a great job with your kids and their different personalities. I am constantly learning from you how to be patient and loving with my boys!

Anonymous said...

I got your message. You better spy on my blog! I would love to keep in touch. I am saving yours on my list. Your kids are darling and it looks like life in wonderful. We will have to get together with Stephanie when I come into town. It is so great to hear from you!

Tristan said...

He is such a cute little guy! Sounds like he is growing big and strong!

I can't believe he was 10.9 at birth!!!!