Sunday, April 26, 2009

Countdown...

To... the baby!  I now officially have only 24 days left.  My doctor has decided to take the baby 10 days early for a few reasons:
1- A> Kennedy, born 2 weeks early, weighed 8 lbs. 13 oz.
B> Hunter, born 6 days early, weighed 10 lbs. 5 oz.
So, due to the history of large, stocky babies, my doctor determined it would be better to take the baby a bit early.  I am also suddenly packing it on like I did with the other kids.  I am now measuring +2 weeks which is where I always was with the others, but around week 38 it gets nuts (try 4 cm fundel growth in less than a week)!  

2- My doctor will be out of town on my due date, and having a new doctor deliver my baby would be like.... just weird.  I've gone to my doctor since pre-marital days and am pretty attached.  (Remember I have that crazy co-dependent personality that gets attached to everyone WAY too easy.)

The pros: 
- We get to meet the baby sooner!
- I dialate really early and get super uncomfortable, so it will be nice to not be "walking the streets at a 6"!
- His birthday will not be on anyone else's.  We have quite a few late May birthdays in our families, but as long as my labor is less than 48 hours, he will have his own birthday!  And I may just kill myslef if labor is that long!
- NO MORE BURNING UP... hopefully!  I am like the freakin' firey furnace with this baby.  It's like I cannot wear too few clothes.  At night I am so hot, so I open the windows.  I get up a few hours to pee and feel the... heater?... WHAT?  In the meantime freezing Jay has turned the heat on!?!  I then roast, while he requests more blankets... its nuts!  For those of you that don't believe me, I will let you touch me.  I seriously must maintain like a 100 degree temp.  It's nuts!

The cons:
- Baby born the same day as Kennedy's pre-school graduation... bummer!
- I will be without Jay for one week longer than anticipated.
- No more watching my belly move like crazy.  This baby has been super active and you can see my alien tummy from across the room.  Its been a way fun pregnancy and it makes me a bit sad that it is my last!

3 comments:

Tristan said...

It is so nice when you doc tells you he will induce you early! All 3 of my kids were born at 38 weeks.

I can't wait to see your little guy!

bladenfamily said...

I don't believe that. It is coming so fast!!! I was a 6 for a week. thought I was going to die...Can't wait to meet him!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

I am so excited for you! I love having babies! You new little boy is sure to be a cutie- I can tell from his super cute sibblings. :) I notice that the pro's greatly outweigh the cons. If you miss being pregnant that much after you have this one, you could always just have another. :)