So, I am sad I didn't get a more full picture of the quilt top I made for the baby, but the final product will come soon! I spent Thursday evening cutting the squares with my mother-in-law, and spent the Sunday Conference sessions sewing. Jay and I finally set up the sewing machine he got me for Christmas (I had much more success with this one than others I've attempted to use in the past, thanks in large part to the instructional DVD!). So, I was able to finish the top in just a few hours. I was so happy! I was also really happy with the way it turned out. Once Jay ditched my original idea thinking it was too feminine, I had to start from scratch, so I replaced my blue with orange and added a dark green corduroy and some camo squares. In the end I really liked it. Final product coming soon....
PS- I fabulously LOVE conference weekend! So inspiring!





8 comments:
It looks awesome! I can't wait to see the final product...
Nice work! I love the green!
It is so cute!! I can't wait to see it finished!
Yay for you! I can barely sew a button on a shirt. Nice job!
That is so cute! I want to come over and see it!
oh It looks so beautiful! I love it. I am not a good sewer, but I try every now and then. But, I love to see what other people are making.
That looks amazing! You are so domestic!!
You are amazing!! Now you are inspiring me to finish Ethan's quilt I started two years ago!!!!!!! Conference is inspiring...but you are too!
Post a Comment