Monday, August 3, 2009

At The Cavin...

This past weekend our little family spent some time at The Ranch. Hunter can't seem to say Cabin and called it "The Cavin" the entire time we were there. He also couldn't grasp that the "Cavin" and the Ranch were the same place, or that the Cabin was in the Ranch. It was awesome trying to watch his 3-year old brain wrap around that.
Here are the funny highlights of the quick getaway:

APX 10:30 pm- the kids sleeping on bunkbeds:
Hunter: "Sissy?"
Kennedy: "Hunter, don't talk, I'm trying to sleep. MOM! Hunter keeps trying to talk to me."
Mom: "Kids, it's time to sleep... no talking."
Kennedy (singing loudly): "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love ya' tomorrow!"
Mom: "Kennedy, if Hunter can't talk, you don't get to sing."
Kennedy: "AW"

APX 3:00 am- really I have no idea what time it was but I do know:
A> It was pitch-scary black outside AND
B> I was dead asleep dreaming of The Hunger Games (ALWAYS dream about the books I am reading)
Kennedy (screaming): "Mom?! Is it time to wake up?!" (Are you freakin' kidding me?!)
I told her to go back to bed.

APX 8:00 am-
Hunter: "Mom, my breath stinks real bad. I need to brush my teeth."

So, there you have it. Add a couple 4-wheeler rides in there and that's how we spent our weekend!

2 comments:

Tristan said...

Are you freakin kidding me?!? LOL I have totally said that to my kids before.

i'm erin. said...

Ha ha...Hunter cracks me up. That's awesome he can determine his own stinkiness.