Monday, August 10, 2009

Gonna be a rough week...

So, let's all hope this post doesn't induce tears; Jay goes back to work a week from today. The biggest benefit of teaching is by far having the entire summer off and since I work primarily from home it's been great to spend so much time together. So, instead of making this an ode to Jay blog which would definitely push me to tears, it is a why I am excited for Jay to return to school (I have to look at the positive or I may end up on medication):

- Back to a schedule- for the past few months, (especially since adding a baby to the mix) life has been a bit disorderly: go to bed when we "feel like it", wake up when "we feel like it", go out of town way too often, etc. I am a very methodical, organized person so I am way ready to get back to my daily list-making and crank out a new schedule!
- Kennedy is going to kindergarten- I am excited cause she is so excited, and to have less kids for a few hours each day... heavenly!
- Hunter is going to pre-school- I am excited cause he is so excited, and to have less kids for a few hours a few times a week... ultra heavenly! Let's just hope he doesn't hit his teacher and get expelled from pre-school...
- I can talk to my friends on the phone for hours and not feel like I am neglecting my best friend- It's always harder to talk when Jay is around cause I feel like I am dividing my attention too many ways (kids, phone, Jay, jobs, etc.)- that one is kinda lame but I had to think hard to get a good list.
- To get excited for my 1:00 pm phone call and 4:30 pm return home- When Jay works I only get to hear from him once a day, and it is a moment I look forward to SO much. Unfortunately, it is only like 2 minutes long due to his busy schedule, but regardless I seriously get so excited when my phone rings... again lame, I know, I just really like Jay.
- To look forward to school breaks again- It's fun to have something to look forward to.
- To figure out if I can do 3 kids "on my own"- Yeah, I had scout camp to test out the theory, but that week was a week from hell... however, I only cried once! Anyway, it will be tricky to balance getting 3 kids dressed, fed, to school, and alive on my own while managing to work 5 hours/day while keeping up with friends and the house... we'll see!

So, there it is! Jay, I love you and will miss you SO much! Everyone else, let's party!

3 comments:

bladenfamily said...

You will be just fine. You are a very strong person. And we can plan a trip to GTU so we will have something to look forward to. We haven't been for a long time.

-Special Mothertivity- said...

I share your sadness to the end of summer. Though I didn't have as much time with Tim as you did with Jay, it is all about to change to a lot less time he gets to spend with me and the kids...

Tristan said...

3 kids isn't so bad. It does get stressful but it works out.

I think it is cute that you get excited when Jay calls. I too get excited if Ryan calls during the day. Doesn't happen very often cuz he is so busy. But when it does, it rocks!

I too am looking forward to Maddie going to school. It will be heavenly to have less kids for a few hours.