Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy 1/4 birthday baby Crew!

With each new baby I've wondered if I will be able to love him/her like I love the others. I wonder how each child can have a personality so unique that he defines himself as an individual. I was more concerned about this with Crew than with the others since I already had a girl and a boy, but since before he came we knew he belonged in our family. I love having a baby in our house and while the "newborn" phase isn't my favorite, there really is nothing like the spirit of a new baby. We love our little Crewser.Here's a quick glance through his little life so far, to help compensate for the lack of 'Crew' posts:
1 day old
2 days old
A few days old

About 1 week


About 2 weeks, with my great-friend, Tori's baby- he's just 6-days older.
At his blessing, about 6 weeks old, with great- grandma Dearing.
Wearing the same jammies daddy did when he was a baby!
Yesterday, August 19th- he's become so active it's tough to get a cut hold still picture. He is way cuter in real life!
For me to never, ever forget:
- How I feel when it's just me and him in the middle of the night, and he just stares in my eyes forever (cheesy, I know- but makes being a mom so worth it).
- I love how he sucks the backs of his hands, and his knuckles on his middle and pointer finger.
- His grunts- instead of crying he grunts, it's noisy but so fun and unique.
- His open-mouth smiles, so cute.
- His dimples on both side of his mouth, by his upper lip.
- His rubbery, more skinny (than the others') body.
- His awesome red hair, with a mudflap in the back.

4 comments:

Tristan said...

Crewser is adorable!!

Preston is a big time grunter from the moment he entered this world. It makes me laugh :)

bladenfamily said...

He is so cute. I remember his little grunts. Three kids are a handful but totally worth it!

Lindsay said...

I am crying from reading about your middle of the night times with him. so true. Being a mom is the best. Or it just makes you the biggest bawl baby!

i'm erin. said...

OH can I just say he is ADORABLE. YOu guys make super cute babies! I love it. I also love that first picture...and the rest :)