Yes, I am still cutesy enough that the kids will be getting their back to school packages (as long as the online shipment gets here on time).
Monday, August 24, 2009
I used to be cute...
Mine and Jay's first date was June 13th. (Sorry, I swear I never learned correct grammar for plurals with ownership, I have no idea what I am really supposed to say here, so if you know please tell me.) After that date I went out of town for 3 weeks, the night I returned home Jay called me, but not only did I used to be cute, but I was also totally popular :-S (remember the sarcasm symbol) and I had plans. We saw each other 2 days later, made out, and from then on we saw each other every day until... the deer hunt. And because I used to be cute, I made him an awesome little package cause I wouldn't see him for an entire 24 hours. I bought him a hunter orange toothbrush, orange socks, snacks, and made him a camo blanket. I remember him telling me his brother Pat made some comment like: "Wait til' your married"- implying that corny, cutesy stuff like that wouldn't happen after we were married. I remember thinking "whatever", but, unfortunately, I think Pat may have been a little bit right. I had all intentions of making Jay a "back to school" package like I manage to do most years, but it didn't happen. I did buy him a mini fridge for his classroom and some new books for the school year, but instead of being cute and saving them until he went back to school, it went something a little more like: "Hey babe, gotcha something. It's on our bed." SO BORING. So to my awesome husband: I love you, and I know I may have fallen short on my philosophy of doing everything I can to make you fall more in love with me. I will make it up to you and learn a new domestic skill... lol, like shopping at the fruit stand. Apologizes that I am not as cute as I once was. At least I am still funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Kira you will always be cute! I love you too and thanks for the books and fridge, I can put a six pack of be--; I mean soda, and candy bars, it rocks!
You're so funny. That's adorable you still do things like that at all for hubby or kids. What a good mom you are :)
Ha! I love that you guys made out two days later. Too funny. Also, you are 100 times cuter than I am. When I read your post, I think, sigh, poor mark.
Kira, you make me insanely jealous.
So cute!
You are funny and cute!
I was never cute like that.... And you still got it! Even if Jay didn't get his going back to school package.
To figure out if you used the proper nouns in the sentence, take away one of them (Jay, the one not in question) and say the sentence: Mine first date was June 13th. Doesn't sound right. What would? My. So you would say, My and Jay's first date was June 13th.
This method of checking will work in any other case.
One that almost everyone gets wrong is when they use I instead of me. ie, on my friends fb she titled a photo album, Pictures of my man and I. Again, take out the "my man" and see if it makes sense: Pictures of I. Nope. Pictures of me. So it should be Pictures of my man and me.
:) Hope that makes sense.
This is hilarious. You are making me laugh. You are still very cute, even if your husband didn't get his back to school package wrapped up. I am with you on the grammar though. I have no clue...Mrs. Christensen would be so disappointed...
Sorry, that last one was Stephanie B. I am commenting from my sil's house!
Hahaha! I love it. You are always cute Kira!
Post a Comment