Member this post?
Pay special attention to item #3
Wednesday night, returning from a date with Jay. We get pulled over... bad tail light, speeding.
Jay's license is expired and we don't have our insurance card.
I think: "Where's the dang insurance card?!"
We get off with a warning. PHEW!
We are late picking up 3 kids from 2 separate locations.
I report to many people how lucky we are.
I go to sleep.
I wake up.
I find the insurance card and put it in the glove box.
I call to schedule a repair for the bad tail light.
Tail-light is scheduled to be fixed Friday @ 8:30 am.
I decide I need to go to Target to buy the move "Annie" - I now had 3 extra kids to entertain.
I am talking on the cell phone while driving (not a rare occurrence).
I see the cop. I slow down. I see the lights. I hang-up the phone. I cuss. (Thankfully the cuss came after hanging up the phone, I was talking to the bishop's wife.)
I pull over.
I roll down my window
I think: "Good thing I stuck my insurance card in the glove box this morning."
I think: "Good thing I stuck my insurance card in the glove box this morning."
Bad tail light, speeding.
38 in a 25? I saw 34 on my odometer when I noticed the copper.
38 in a 25? I saw 34 on my odometer when I noticed the copper.
Surprised? No!
I petition: "We just got pulled over last night" (probably not the best confession when I am trying to get out of the speeding ticket.) "I have an appointment to get the light fixed tomorrow morning!" And my last ditch effort: "It's one of my life goals to never get a ticket! And if you give me a ticket I will never achieve my goals..."
I got a ticket.
I was sad.
The police officer said I could go to traffic school and it would be like I never got a ticket at all.
I think: "Traffic School is like the atonement! You make a big mistake and go to traffic school and the people that matter look at the whole situation like it never even happened."
However, the atonement doesn't cost one 150 SMACKS!
True love is FREE.
Thanks to the atonement and traffic school within 2 weeks I will have NEVER, EVER GOTTEN A SPEEDING TICKET!
I WILL achieve my goals!
I WILL achieve my goals!






10 comments:
You are freaking hilarious, when you called me that morning and told me that you got a ticket I didn't believe you for a minute. Well hopefully you will learn your lesson and not sin anymore, but if you do, there will always be traffic school to get you back on the straight and narrow!
Hahahahaha! You crack me up!
So so freakin hilarious!!!! So sorry you got a ticket and all, but I seriously think this is so funny! If you lived in CA and were on your phone you would have gotten a 300$ ticket for that as well as a speeding ticket.
What a story! you make me laugh! :)
That was a good story...you are so funny. I think that made my day. Sorry about the $150!
ha ha! Oh no. I cant believe you told him you got pulled over. yOu are a riot! lol.
Only you would compare traffic school to the Atonement! That's great! Your post should be titled, The parable of the Traffic Ticket!
We live right near Manilla elmentary school. Do you live around there too?
ha ha ha. at least you have a really funny story that entertained me. that's right, I am entertained by your bad luck ;)
HA HA,I will not tell you how many times I have been to traffic school, they might know me by name. However, the traffic atonement schools forgives me and I get to keep driving!
Post a Comment