





So, I have wanted my entire adult life to someday be camp director... and it was worth it! It was a lot of work (thankfully this year was Stake Camp, so not nearly as much work as it would have been if it had been ward camp). I was able to get really close to some of the girls and made some new friends with some of the leaders. It was so fun to be there.
We had the hugest ward there. There were 10 wards and our ward alone took about 1/5 of all the space in the activities. Our ward has the cutest girls ever. I love them!
I think my maturity level dropped like 10 fold. Maybe something to do with no kids, no husband... I don't know but it definitely took me back about 10 years. It was an awesome, fun, spiritual, bonding experience. I am thankful I had the opportunity to serve as camp director and hope to have the opportunity to serve with the youth again soon. Being with the youth is my favorite.





2 comments:
I couldn't agree more! Serving with the youth is the best. I still miss being in the Young Women's presidency in our old ward. I'm glad that Jeremy is the Young Men's President so that I can still have a little something to do with the youth.
You had to be the coolest camp director ever! I bet the girls fell in love with you. My mom was camp director for 30 years or something like that and to this day it's her favorite calling in the world. I would love to serve in that calling someday too!
I should be going to girls camp with the YW in my ward, I'm the secretary, but they won't let me go cause I'm pregnant. I guess it will be ok. I can't believe you were camp director!! That is such a calling, A LOT OF WORK! I am sure you did a wonderful job, and everyone there was lucky to have you there with them!
Post a Comment