Yesterday afternoon Jay returned from wood badge training for scouts. He was gone for 6 days! Life without him was... hard. (I wanted so badly to post about him being gone since it was so hard, but I get horribly scared being by myself... so, I thought a posting about him being gone would leave me laying awake at night concerned that a psychopath read it and he was now on his way to get me and the kids, so hence: no posting until now.)
It was so hard for me that I couldn't just pick up the phone and let him know what I was feeling or if I needed help with something. I knew it already but him being gone, just re-iterated the fact that I cannot do this (life, kids, etc.) without him. He is my best friend and not having him around for a week was torture. Each day I would think of different reasons I was thankful for him... and wrote them down. Here they are:
- He can make Hunter laugh like no one else can.
- He protects our family and makes me feel safe.
- He still opens the door for me.
- He always helps with dinner and the dishes.
- He never complains.
- He has taught me how to apologize, forgive, and be a better person.
- He tells me and shows me everyday that he loves me.
- He loves animals and nature.
- He laughs at my stupid jokes/ comments.
- He tries everything once.
- He gets along with my dad and family.
- He makes me cry tears of happiness more than tears of sadness.
- He knows who he is.
- He shows Kennedy what a husband should be like.
- He is the only person I can talk to while I am crying and not feel like an idiot.
- He gives me so much to look forward to everyday.
- He teaches me a lot.
- He appreciates me.
Thanks for being so awesome, Jay! You are my very best friend. I love having you in my life and am so thankful for you. You are the best husband and daddy a family could have. Thanks so much for everything!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
All I can say, is that I am a better man because of you, Kira, I will always love you.
Oh, so cute. You got lucky!
Post a Comment