Saturday, May 2, 2009

On a happier note...

So, what a week!  In the past 8 days:
- The damn at the Ranch broke and flooded much of the Ranch.
- Jay's Grandpa died.
- Our car had issues and needs more than $500 in work.
- Our basement flooded!
- Jay got sick.
- None of my clothes, even maternity, don't fit!  I just get too huge at the end.  (Thankfully I only have a couple more weeks).

BUT, after everything that has happened, it has ended up pretty good.  I know I have blogged a ton about Jay's grandpa dying, but it continues to affect me, as I expect it will for awhile.  Tonight we all got together to watch Grandpa George's tribute video; the man was amazing.  I am always surprised that at the end of someones life you can learn things about them you never knew.  I loved grandpa George and am so happy to have been able to have had his influence in my life.

Unfortunately, due to the craziness plus of this week, I didn't have much time to spend with Jay, but we were able to make it to TGP Tulip festival which I LOVE and was WAY better than last year.  Last year Jay and I rode Segways, which was super cool; but not so this year even though we had planned to ride segways, my big belly, major time constraints, and having the kiddos with us resulted in no segways, but an awesome time at the Tulip Festival.   
Since Jay and I couldn't have our much needed date, and he was a bit sick, he stayed home from the Ranch and we went out on Friday night.  We saw the new Wolverine movie... WAY COOL!  I am a girl and I totally liked it.  The end should have been a little different for me though, but good enough, and I can just make up the alternate ending in my head :) 

The cutest boy ever!


















I also have the cutest kids ever, after my parents returned from vacay they gave the kiddos these little toys, which they slept with and played with first thing in the morning... they are just so cute to me some days... well everyday.
Check out Hunter's hair!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

What beautiful pictures! Sorry, your week was a bit crappy! And you can keep on posting about anyone you like it's your blog! Hang in there, a couple more weeks. I am coming out in June, would love to see you and Jay. Andy is not coming out until the end of July, so it will just be me and the kids. We would love to drop by your place, since you will have a new baby!

teamw said...

your kids are SOOO dand CUTE!!!!
I love that you are always looking on the bright side of things, you are a great example to me.

I've been meaning to tell you (not that you don't have enought to think about right now) but our fam is comming out the end of July, and you guys are on our list of peps to see. If you could pencil us in sometime we'd LOVE to see you guys!I'll call you when it gets closer too.

good luck these next few weeks!

Tristan said...

Gorgeous pics with the tulips!!

Hang in there! You are getting so close!

Naomi said...

Those tulips are amazing! And just two more weeks. . . SO exciting! :)