Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A stroke of GENIUS!

So, I've been told a time or two, that I am... yes, believe it or not... a genius.  TRUE STORY: In 9th grade my Nehongo (Japanese) teacher requested a special conference with my parents because he believed I was "a genius who was just bored".  (LOL- for those of you who remember the Junior High Kira may know why he thought this, I was MUCH crazier than I am now -thanks in large part to my very mellow husband, he balances me out).  
I have also had a few moments throughout my life when I have thought that I am a genius- i.e- Once I thought I had found a loop hole in the government.  I thought you could refinance your house, cash out, and then sale your house a few months later thus avoiding capital gains taxes.  I had even verified my genius theory with my accountant's office, they didn't know any differently.  So, I pretty much had my business plan drawn up in my head when I announced my genius theory to a CPA at work.  He quickly burst my bubble and told me that isn't they way it works... BUT it was a genius theory!  Apparently the government has no loop holes. :(
Another genius idea was to create a mouse that scrolled not only up and down, but also left to right for all those monster spreadsheets I work on.  As soon as this one came to me, I told a co-worker my idea.  "Have you ever seen Brent's mouse?" she responded.  CRAP!  The amazing scrolling mouse was apparently already created by some other genius. 
I've since had another genius moment, created entirely out of necessity; I have, on many more than one occasion, gotten in monster trouble because my sarcastic emails are misread.  Being that one of these occasions resulted in me being called a b*%^$# and a bigot (I said something about drag queens making me puke) I have determined that the eCommerce world needs a "sarcasm" symbol.  In addition to the common :( and :) I have determined that I am going to begin the integration of a new catchy symbol representative of sarcasm.  This way when you are making hilarious jokes via email in a sarcastic manner, you can professionally relay your sarcasm.  This is what I have come up with:
:-s 
Cute huh!  The "s" stands for sarcasm.  Although, this stroke of genius may not make me a millionaire like the other brilliant ideas may have, but I figure it will keep me out of trouble.  I am a genius :-s

6 comments:

Teri said...

Love it!

Speaking of you getting in trouble with emails... do you remember that time a new guy started at Dentrix and you tried to forward me the email from hr introducing him and ask what he was like and you sent it back to the hr lady. hahaha good time :)

bladenfamily said...

You are funny. I need another picture of the baby. You got my hopes up!

Tristan said...

I usually wink ;) if I am being sarcastic. But I love your :-S! So cute!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Niiiice!!

hlw said...

From one sarcastic girl to another, thanks for the symbol. Maybe you could make some snazzy buttons or something and we can pin them on our shirts. Hey!! what about bumperstickers?

Lindsay said...

So funny! I love it! I will have to use that symbol. Hey, yes, come out and visit. There is TONS to do. Busch Gardens is about an hour away. But there is tons more then just that. Virginia Beach=two hours. D.C=2 hours away. The list is long. But anytime you want to, come and visit.