Sunday, January 18, 2009

My personal "Bucket List"...

So, I kinda stole the idea off my best-friend, Sarah's blog. But hers was a Utah bucket-list, but she isn't going anywhere... I REALLY hope!
Anyway, I don't think I am going to die soon or anything nutty like that, but I've just thought a lot lately about how life evolves and goals change. Since becoming a mom my personal "lifetime" goals have become a lot more abstract. I know where I want to end up, the things I want to put priority on, and the things I really want to go right. But it is very different from before I was married when I always had a 5-year plan at hand. So... here it is. The things I MUST do before I die. I have put a lot of thought into this and while it is not entirely comprehensive, if it is on the list; it will happen before I die:
1- Some kind of surprise for Jay without him knowing! (My past attempts have failed. I have told him to just fake it next time.)
2- Own a 4-wheeler.
3- Never receive a speeding ticket (hopefully this one isn't too far out of my control.)
4- Serve a mission.
5- Travel to Alaska and Hawaii (Europe was the only other must-see destination and that one is done... woohoo! That's one!)
6- Attend a real broadway play... one in Utah doesn't count. It must be in New York, LA, or Chicago.
7- Attend an NFL football game... preferably to see the NY Giants, or SD Chargers.
8- Build a home. This has always been something Jay and I have wanted to do. I really hope someday it can happen.
9- Learn to play the guitar and perform one song in front of at least 4 people (I know... not too many people but when it comes to musical talent, I have nothing...)

6 comments:

Tristan said...

I love making goals like these. They are just fun!

Kristine said...

You have inspired me to make my own list... hmmm... Now I gotta decide what's most important!

:: ashley :: said...

I love this idea of a bucket list! mine would be quite similar as far as broadway play, nfl game, and building a house goes!

bladenfamily said...

Great list! You've inspired me to write it down. Have you thought about what to do with your room situation?

sstevens said...

kira, sign me up as one of your 4 person audience. I would love to hear it. If I have learned anything about you Kira Weight, it is that when you put your mind to it, you can get anything done. I truly believe you are going to do all of those things.

i'm erin. said...

oh I love it! What a great list. And seriously you have never had a speeding ticket? You rock. I am sooooooo not good in that area.