Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!

One of our families Day After Thanksgiving traditions is to decorate the house. This year at the early morning shopping, Jay and I picked up an inexpensive, pre-lit artificial tree (at least we had a real one for a year). The pre-lit tree saved tons of time and since Jay did the outside decorations earlier in the week, decorating was done in about 2 hours, and our house looks beautiful. It is fun to have our basement finally fixed up a little more. This year we were able to decorate the basement a little as well... it feels nice and cozy. I love Christmas and the holiday season. It is my FAVORITE time of the year and the good college bowl games start... what could be better?
Crazy to shop, or crazy not to shop?! I say definitely both... this year Jay and I took the kids to my mom's and went out pretty early. We didn't get everything we wanted at the first store, but by the time we got home around 9:00 am we pretty much had gotten what we needed. I think as crazy as Black Friday is there is a bit of fun to it as well. Hey, we even saw Todd Herzog from Survivor at Target... guess he doesn't win the million, huh?

3 comments:

bladenfamily said...

I love your tree. This is the best time of year! I also believe in the crazy shopping on friday! I only found a few good things though...oh well. I'm glad for you the byu won.

Rochelle said...

I always loved your decorations at Christmas time! You have such a knack for making your house totally homey and beautiful! I don't know if I'll ever do another Black Friday shopping day again... we'll see. I did get our camera though... so it was worth the 4:30 alarm clock ring! :)

Steven and Jennifer said...

Kira hey Happy Holidays, I am coming up north and if I could I would love to come and see you and your family.