Saturday, November 24, 2007

Holy War... Holy Crap!!!

U of U logoBYU logo
Since I was a little girl, this has been a BIG day in my life. Today was no different. I always tease Jay that when I die, it will be of a heart attack while watching football. (I hope I don't die before the game is over though, especially if it's a good one.) I love the sport, I love the cougars, I love that we won!!! (And I love that the BCS is getting so jacked this year... they have got to go brackets at some point.)
BYU- 17
Utah- 10

Holy War (Utah vs. BYU)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

U of U logo


BYU logo



The Holy War is a college football rivalry game played between the University of Utah Utes and the Brigham Young University Cougars. The term Holy War, rather than denoting a war between religions, refers to the intensity of the battle. It is as if the players on both sides of the ball are fighting for their lives, families, freedom, and religion. The name 'Holy War' is obviously derived from the fact that most areas of Provo and (to a lesser extent) Salt Lake City are predominantly LDS (Mormon), and that BYU is run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.[citation needed]

2 comments:

Tristan said...

I can't believe that is really in Wikpedia! SO COOL! Go Cougars!!

teamw said...

congrats on the win! My sister and bro in law are both HUGE Cougar fans too ( I like the team too don't get me wrong just not as die hard as they are) the out comes of games can determine the mood for the rest of the day.. that's how I am with the Braves :) I'm glad you made it through another Holy War alive!!