
Getting the party started. Kennedy had lots of guests. I think I counted 23 kids...

Kennedy's 1st "Guest of Honor" pony ride.

Hunter was more excited for the party than most of the kids. He woke up early from his nap just in time to party. He loved it, he made his excited low toned "happy scream" all afternoon... if you have heard it I am sure you know what I am talking about. He was so fun!

We blew bubbles and played a lot of outside games to stay busy while everyone waited for their turn on the ponies.


Despite what Hunter's face may tell, he actually loved the horses! He pet them and even let go of his bubbles to ride them. As we were walking down the road on the horse he started waving like he was in a parade, it was hilarious. He was sad when it was time to get off.

We had a pinata...

and played pin the tail on the donkey (a Mexican horse?)

Kennedy ready to blow out her candles... I am sure we can all guess what she wished for!

Kennedy LOVES horses so when we heard of the idea to 'rent' horses for a party, we knew that was what we should do for her birthday. We have been waiting for a weekend with nice weather to have Kennedy's party. We had already cancelled it twice because of the weather. So, I scheduled it for yesterday, April 5th. The forecast started out saying it would be 67... then 60... then 57 and rain and snow. I was so sad and didn't want to cancel it again. I prayed it wouldn't rain (just like I prayed to be warm on my wedding day) and there was no rain. I was so happy. It was chilly and we had to have a lot of the party inside when I had intended to do everything outside. But we had a great turnout and the kids all seemed happy. Kennedy had a great time and that is what matters! We love you, Kennedy!
2 comments:
Wow! Will you help me plan a party for carter? Super mom!
Wow, way to go! How could the kids not have a great time?! A poney at a birthday party? Sounds like the party was a sucess! Kennedy looks so happy! :)
Post a Comment