Friday, December 12, 2008

Any advice?!

So, for the past 2 1/2 weeks I have been having HORRIBLE pain in my back at night. I suppose it is due to pregnancy, but never experienced this with either of my other pregnancies. I am fine during the day and for the first four hours of sleep, but every night/morning at about 2:30AM I wake up in INTENSE pain! I have honestly never had pain so constant and intense aside from my gallbladder. It hurts to lay on my right side, lay on my left side, lay on my back (laying on my stomach works for awhile, but not long and my back hurts worse afterward). I have tried everything I can think of: the chiropractor, a hot pad, Icy Hot, Tylenol PM, a mattress topper, sleeping with a pillow, a blessing, I have even gotten my pregnant belly back to the gym thinking that maybe taking it too easy during the pregnancy is the problem...NOTHING HELPS!
It finally escalated last night; I ended up in tears due to the pain and frustration of not being able to sleep. (Thankfully I have an AMAZING husband who is willing to due whatever it takes to help me be comfortable, even at the expense of him not getting sleep himself.) Anyway, I am asking for advice...I will listen to anything. At this point I honestly don't care how much it costs, or how crazy it may sound; voodoo, black magic, (just kidding... maybe not) I will try it! Please let me know of anything that may help!

I guess I get to deal with stuff like this instead of being sick like the average preggers...

3 comments:

Winter mama said...

I had the same thing with Braden and my doctor recomend a pregnacy belt it help for a while and after that i had to take it off because my belly was so big , I'm so sorry you have that because is a pain that i can't explain and i really don't .

R.B. and Cyndee Probert said...

Kira-
I am sorry you are in so much pain. Sadly I don't have any advice. If I can do anything to help, please let me know. Love you!

Mr. and Mrs. S said...

My sister used a pregnancy belt with her back problems. You can buy them at Motherhood. Have you talked to your doctor about your back. I haven't ever been pregnant...bout I am a big believer in talking to your doctor about all of your health issues.

Good luck, let me know if I can do anything to help you take your mind off of it!