Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

On Saturday, Valentine's Day we celebrated by giving our kids Valentines and then going to breakfast. Breakfast was followed by a nearly futal day of shopping (I am in serious need of new kitchen chairs, not so much a table, but chairs... I am currently using a couple metal folding chairs, how WT is that? However, chairs cost about $80/ piece. If I get 3 of them, that is $240... I can get a whole new table with 4 chairs for $300. WHY? Why don't they make this reasonable to buy just what I need and not an entirely new dining set?! And, if I buy a new dining set it is going to be what I want, and probably not the $300 POC. I also need to find a bed and mattress for Hunter, I don't want to buy new until Crew is bigger and we buy bunk beds. I hated the idea of buying bunk beds now and storing one. The room is too little for bunk beds and a crib. Right now, I am going to stick to checking KSL everyday for beds, mattresses and kitchen chairs.
We also made a trip to the fabric store to pick out fabric for baby Crew's quilt; while there Jay shot down my great idea of brown, blue and light green fabrics. He said it looked "too feminine"... SO, I had to start from scratch and chose to go the path of light green, brown, and burnt orange. It looks cute, but the fabrics were SO hard to find and I had to go to more than one store to get them, seriously, girl colors are SO much easier. So, thus 3 hours of shopping was nearly futal.)
We came home, let Hunter nap and when he woke up we left to go to dinner and swimming. It was a fun day, but my house is now very messy... thankfully, there is no work on Monday.

Jay and I went out Friday night to avoid the crowds (I almost don't love Valentines just cause everyone goes out... WAY too crowded). We went to Harvest at Thanksgiving Point and then to the movie to see Bride Wars. The show was cute, but made me bawl like a baby (I'd been pretty emotionally stable throughout my pregnancy up until this point.) I know everyone out there is wondering why I cried in that movie... it just reminded me of me and my best friend, Sarah. I love her.
AND, my friends... February is now over half over!

8 comments:

i'm erin. said...

Have I ever told you how great I think you two are? You are so cute together, and have such an awesome family...I hope you find the table and chairs you're looking for...and at a rockin' price. good luck with that.

Tristan said...

Cute picture of you and Jay!!

Lindsay said...

I HATE shopping for boy stuff. Too bad I have two boys. The designers of this stuff need to realize that MOMS are buying things that we think are cute. Andy has said the no girly looking stuff so many times. We had the hardest time finding Miles a shirt that was brown and blue, for our family pictures. For crying out loud we found tons for girls but ONe shirt for boys. We went to four different stores. VERY ANNOYING! Don't even get me started on dress clothes for church. Sorry, that is a very big nerve with me. Now I feel better!

Naomi said...

What a day of shopping! You are a trooper! I bet C.'s quilt will turn out darling. I am still pondering the colors for our nursery.

Winter mama said...

I being trying to find some chairs and is hard to find them and a really good price so good luck and find them.

Anonymous said...

Hey, try freecycle.com It is a network that is set up for people who want to trade, or just get rid of stuff. We have found a few couches that were really nice, and a puppy all for free! Just join the group in your area and make a post. If you have any other questions just let me know! You are an awesome mommy.

Anonymous said...

Scratch that last address. Joseph said it's under Yahoo groups. Then freecycle.

teamw said...

Jay looks so much different w/o a go-T!!! It took me a second to figure out what was so different.
Your blog always makes me smile!