Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We've got a runner!

I just took a quick trip to the grocery store with the kids and one of their cousins. Needing only a few items for dinner, I decided to bypass the "car cart", having 3 kids with me and the cart having only 2 steering wheels I decided that was the smart move...obviously avoiding a conflict while also saving loads of time. So, I asked the kids to each keep a hand on the cart. After about 2 minutes in the store Hunter couldn't help but push the boundaries of the new found freedom of walking (rather than riding) through the store. The following chase ensued...
Hunter started his chase near the intersection of aisle 20 and the dairy department. He cruised through the frozen foods section to the front of the store, he pursued onward reaching speeds faster than me (keep in mind I am 6 months pregnant and had 2 other kids). He then made a left turn down the candy aisle and proceeded to the produce section. There I ran into a smiling lady who calmly reminded me "He'll make you laugh for the rest of your life." I thanked her as I continued to pursue the suspect. I finally caught up with him near the bakery section (as depicted by the "X" below). Of course all children involved were laughing hysterically so disciplining was difficult. Charges will not be pressed at this time as the suspect is a juvenile and too cute to stay mad at.

4 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

I can just see it now! What a hand full! You are super woman to attempt a shopping trip with three kids while being pregnant- and survive!! I'm SUPER impressed!!! I know what you mean when you say its hard to dicipline and stay mad-even at times when you need to. Amelia gets off pretty easy most of the time. :) Lucky girl.

Kristin said...

I should be laughing at you i guess but it is too funny. My little guy us faster then me i'm not even preggy! You make a really good point too they are just so hard to be mad at sometimes when they have such cute little smiles!! I am sure he thought he was hysterical.

Lindsay said...

If I would have been there, I would have grabbed him for you. I do that when kids escape from their parents at church. It's fun to see their faces. Maybe it's just the teacher in me to discipline crazy kids. Someone should have helped you out.

i'm erin. said...

hahahaha...i have totally been there. That is too funny, I can just picture it.