Sunday, February 1, 2009

Okay... I am going to complain!

So, I generally pride myself in the fact that I am a pretty positive person, I wrote half of this blog days ago (the February section) and chose not to publish it, I felt bad that it was so negative and I couldn't find more things to be excited about... I mentioned it to a friend at church and she told me complaining was okay, and after waking up today to being sick for the 14th day in a freaking row... I don't care if it is negative, I feel like I totally deserve a pity party. Being sick for so long, taking care of my sick Hunter, working from home, running errands, doing business and personal taxes, taking care of my home and family, while being sick is SO hard and crappy. On Wednesday I told myself if i wasn't better Thursday I would go to the doctor, and on Thursday I told myself if I wasn't better Friday I would go to the doctor. So, after being sick an additional 3 days I have decided today is the day. Chances are its a stupid virus and there is nothing that can be done, but at this point... whatever, 2 weeks is WAY too long to be sick, with anything!

...AND...

I don't love February!


AND I just found out the (insert cuss word here) groundhog saw his shadow!

I don't love the snow; I don't love the cold; I don't love staying in the house all day or not seeing the sunshine for days at a time; I don't love seeing the following view out my front window day after day; and I especially don't love February. It seems to be the month for me that just totally stinks!
A> Football season ends

B> Winter does not end

I feel like as football ends so should winter and being left with no games; or kick butt fantasy wins to looks forward to and cold, gloomy weather it is just all together crappy. I was negatively venting my distaste for the month to my co-worker yesterday when I realized how negative I was being (much like those days when EVERYONE is being so rude and you finally realize that you are the jackass). So, of course I felt bad; I pride myself in being a super positive person and so I have decided to make a list of things I am looking forward to in the month of February, simply to help myself realize that the month will only suck if I let it! (Thus the title of my post is "I don't love February!" rather than "I HATE February!"
So, here it is... my list of awesome things happening in the month of February, unfortunately not too long, SO if you can add to it please do!
February 1st- SUPER BOWL!
February 2nd- Ground hog day!
February 6th- Temple Openhouse!
February 10th- Girl's Night Out with High School girl friends (love them)!
February 14th- Valentine's Day!
February 16th- President's Day!
February 19th- Ultrasound (my 4th this pregnancy. He is too stubborn and never gets off his tummy, so I get lots I guess).

5 comments:

i'm erin. said...

I totally agree with you about the cold and snow, but I like your list for all the great things in February. Sometimes I wish I could live in Hawaii for 4 months out of the year Feb-May! So you have inspired me to try to be more positive about it.

bladenfamily said...

Come and visit me if you need a break from the cold for a while! We'd love to have you. And I think that pregnant girls can complain any day they want!!!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

who ever it was who you talked to at church- she's right! you can totally complain!! That's what this is fore- the good, the bad, and the complaints! Should I bring something made of chocolate to this pitty party? ;)
I don't like the cold either...

Kristin said...

Ha i just have to laugh because I HATE February also!! It is just a weird month cold and depressing. i thing sometimes (not allot though) just sometimes venting can be a good thing so go ahead! You need another good thing about feb is that it is a VERY short month!!! So although you may hate feb it doesn't last as long as some of the better months of the year like July!

If you are like me you are smiling just at the thought of july!!

Lindsay said...

You have to vent sometime and doing it on your blog is fine by me. Most the things we post are positive, life is not always gumdrops and lollipops. So, don't worry, you have to have the bad to have those really awesome days. I'm sorry you have been so sick. I hate being sick when I'm prego, you usually just have to wait it out. Hope you feel better soon.