Sunday, February 22, 2009

One down...

Hunter's new "big boy bed"!




We found a bed for Hunter! (one down, one to go) I was picky as to what I wanted and pretty much got nearly exactly what I'd been looking for. We got a super good deal too. The headboard and footboard are a super cute bead board. The colors match his room pretty much exactly. (I really wanted a blue bed. I think they are so cute for little boys.) Hunter even slept in the bed last night and did awesome! And after some toy consolidation and moving of furniture the bed and the crib both fit great in the boys' room. (Crazy... soon enough it will be the boys' room.)

On a bit sadder note... Jay is super sick. He was the only one lucky enough to avoid the 3-week plague in our house, but is apparently not void. He had a really high fever and being that he teaches I suggested he go to instacare. They figured out he has the flu. Unfortunately neither Jay nor the kids got flu shots this year (I got one cause since I am preg my doctor suggested it and I got it while at my check-up. I now feel so bad I didn't get one for the kids.) The nurses said the kids are most likely already infected and now we just have to wait and see. I am so ticked! I hate sickness! How is it you can go through elementary school loving stay-at-home-sick days, but once there is no one to take care of you... and you have suddenly become the care taker... stay-at-home-sick days are not so much fun.

The doctor suggested Jay stay home until the 27th. He had 5 days vaycay time left and we thought that would be perfect for when we have the baby, but now it looks like he has to take nearly all of them this week. We are hoping to figure something our between now and then, but in the mean time I am taking applications for birthing partners, hospital company, emotional support staff, and house cleaning staff for the week after Crew is born. Any takers?


10 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope Jay is feeling better! By the way I LOVE the bed and bedding, so cute! Where did you get them both?

bladenfamily said...

I think it turned out fabulous! I also love blue beds. So cute!

Andrew and/or Jenny said...

If we were there we would help out in a second. We never realized how much help families with new babies need (and we only have one child!). We will pray for Jay's recovery and hope all goes well.

Kristine said...

I can help! :) Any evening!

:: ashley :: said...

I will be on nap watch. I will watch your kids for an hour a day that week so you can nap;) thats all I remember wanting, SLEEP hunter's bed is adorable! i mean, cool- boys don't like adorable.. haha

Winter mama said...

Hunter bed is super cute, please let me know how i can help i'm available almost all day.

Mr. and Mrs. S said...

I probably wouldn't be the best bed side companion but I am there is you need it! When are you popping anyways? I can never remember...

Kristin said...

I love the beds! I have a cute bunk bed I want to paint dark blue for the boys, it is just so cute. I would love to steal your other kids away when you the baby if you need a brake!

Tristan said...

Cute big boy bed!!

R.B. and Cyndee Probert said...

I love the big boy bed. It's darling. I would love you help you out with whatever, as long as I can hold Crew first... okay second. You call me whenever you need a hand, or a nap!