Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Help! All parents of multiple-same-gendered children!

So, with Baby Crew coming I have a whole new challenge I had never before dealt with... the sharing of rooms. Hunter's room is quite little, Kennedy's is a bit bigger, so the logical solution is to switch rooms, right? Well, I have quite the extravagant very non-gender neutral paint job in both rooms.
I don't keep my newborns in my room either. So, basically I need this dilemma resolved before baby Crew is here. I've thought the answer is simply getting bunk beds, but having a bed, crib, and dresser in the room is going to make it super crowded. I also have the rocking chair in that room. I can't think of a feasible way to keep it in there.
I also now, since Christmas, have a problem keeping that room organized. Santa had no idea that the $10 barn purchased online would be SO big and come with so much stuff. We love it, but it is a space hog.
Anyway, I am pleading for ideas! I know others have to have some great organization/ space saving suggestions. Please let me know if you have any ideas for our dilemma.

6 comments:

bladenfamily said...

I have a few ideas, but I'm not totally satisfied with them so I don't think you will be either. I'll keep thinking though.
*you could take the dresser out (downstairs or in the garage) and put those plastic drawers in the closet. We did this for Carter and it works well. They also have closet organizers at target that could take the place of the dresser.
*You could put the rocking chair downstairs maybe in the toy room. Do your kids use that room a lot? If you are downstairs a lot you could feed and rock the baby down there and put the farm downstairs so it wouldn't be in your way upstairs. Again, I don't know if you're using your toy room as a toy room.
*If not, could you move one of the children down there? Maybe not permanently, but for a short time?
*Could the two older children share a room for a while until the boys are ready to share?
You've got a pickle! I'll keep thinking though. LOVE the name Crew by the way!

:: ashley :: said...

How big are the closets? Babies can fit in those just fine! haha, jk. I have no idea how to save more space, I only got 2 bedrooms and can't imagine another child here! Sorry I can't be of much help!

Tori and Steve said...

I kind of agree with Stephanie on Kennedy and Hunter sharing a room until Crew gets bigger. Put a bunkbed in Kennedy's room and leave the other as is. And, unfortunately, you just may need to breakdown and switch the paint jobs so the two kids have the bigger room. I'll even help you paint!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

I was given a corner net for stuffed animals more than a year ago. I have avoided putting it up cause I wasn't so sure how it would look or if I would like it. I fianlly put it up cause we were up to Amelia's armpits in toys. It has made a HUGE difference! I would suggest one of those for sure. That and just getting rid of old/warn out things. That always helps me make needed space to breath better. :) That's all I have.... Good luck!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Wait! I have more: Instead of getting a dresser for Miles, I got an Ikea shelf that inserts fit in each opening that pull out like drawers. It holds SO MUCH STUFF! I think I could get rid of Amelia's dresser if I needed to and she and Miles could both use the shelf w/instert drawer things- that's how much it holds! I put it in our super tiney closet in Amelia's room and it has been wonderful!!

sstevens said...

How about bunk beds for Hunter and Kennedy? You have plenty of time and there are lots of bunk bed that also have some neat storage solutions. I like to keep in my house 1 nursery. When the next baby comes the last baby moves out. Just a thought.