Monday, January 26, 2009

Morning Laughs...

So, I have been pretty sick this past week. I finally felt better on Saturday, but maybe kicking myself back into high gear so early was a mistake cause yesterday... and again today... not feeling so great. But thankfully my kids keep me happy when I feel like crap; they made me laugh this morning:
This morning, the kids both woke up early and we were all able to eat breakfast with dad before he left for work. So, lately Kennedy has been way into singing and especially loves Primary songs. She was talking about it over breakfast and announced to both Jay and I "I'm trying to be like Jesus." Hunter then yelled: "IIII'mmmm NOT!" It was such a genuine Kennedy/ Hunter moment. Those two kids are SO different.
Unfortunately, because Jay wasn't around much last week due to his awesome church calling no one made it to the store (I wasn't hauling my sick, pregnant body to the store with 2 kids unless totally necessary). Well this morning a trip to the grocery store launched its self into the necessary category with no milk and no fresh fruit in the house, so Hunter and I ran to Macey's for a few needed items. He kept asking me if he could have a chocolate, I replied by telling him when he goes potty on the big boy potty (my feeble attempt at potty-training a boy... WAY harder than I expected). So, we finish the grocery shop, pay and are on our way out the door when I notice Hunter eating something. He totally kifed a Lindt Chocolate off the candy rack by the checkout. When I asked him what he was eating he responded: "I got a chocolate!" He totally weaseled his way out of going on the big boy potty... PUNK! Anyway, we had to go back and pay for the $.34 chocolate.
Is it just me or do they totally strategically place that candy so the kids steal it and the moms have to go back and pay for it?! SO inconvenient, but it's happened to me MORE than once (per child).

5 comments:

bladenfamily said...

Hunter is awesome. Sometimes you just need some chocolate!

:: ashley :: said...

hahah, Hunter is hilarious! I would be laughing all day. I hope you feel better soon!

Amber said...

Oh man thats funny! Kenli has been on a little stealing kick lately.. well she stole a mirror from the dollar store. gotta love kids

i'm erin. said...

hahahaha...that is too funny! Hunter is pretty dang smart. I agree that sometimes you just need chocolate. Hey, and we are potty training too right now...ugh.

Winter mama said...

Hunter is so funny, Poor you have to go back and pay but sorry i couldn't stop laughing when i read this it really made my day.