Sunday, January 11, 2009

Project 365

When I read about Project 365 in CK magazine, I thought it was a great idea. Then my friend began it on her blog, blogging about "everyday life"... everyday. I, however, will not be blogging everyday; just thinking about that stresses me out! I want to take a picture that represents each day of my life, but don't seem to catch pictures that sum up my life, just pretty much ones that sum up my kids. I am going to try to have a picture each day, but I have decided to definitely write something about each day. The link to the posting will be on my sidebar. Here it goes:
Friday, February 6th:
Fun day with my friends. We went to GTU and then they joined us for the Draper temple open house.

Tuesday, February 3rd:Stupid antibotics gave me a YI. Worst of my life, I guess pregnancy magnifys them like 10 fold. Totally sucks... and no S... bummer!
Monday, February 2nd:
Damn groundhog saw his shadow! I finally went to the doctor after Jay made me promise him I would. I was convinced that it would be a virus and there was nothing they could do, but it ended up being a sinus and respitory infection that lingered forever. The doctor perscribed me somen and I am SO excited to get better!
Sunday, February 1st:
SUPERBOWL! I left church early. It was a good game and I was a fair-weathered fan and jumped teams at about halftime (from the Steelers to the Cardinals). It was a good game and that was about all I wanted. I was happy. I forgot to take any pictures, but Kennedy didn't...
Friday, January 30th: Date night! With some friends! I love spending time with my husband!
Wednesday, January 28th:
I am still super sick, Hunter woke up sick and by afternoon I was determined I had to take the boy to the doctor. He had a fever of over 103 and the doctor couldn't determine if he had pneumonia. We had to take him to the hospital to get a chest x-ray. The chest x-ray came back negative, but the poor kid was sick for a long time.
Tuesday, January 27th:
Did TONS of work, did tons of TAXES.
Monday, January 26th:
So, my reminder notes for this day say "Playing mom and dad." I have no idea what that means so I guess it means that Kennedy and Hunter were playing mom and dad all day... this is getting old.
Sunday, January 25th:
We had the afternoon session of Stake conference, but 1:00 church really does not work for our family. So, we cheated and went to the 10:00 am session. It was great!
Saturday, January 24th:
WOW! What a wild day! We ran into a friend from our old ward in Orem. He told Jay and I how his wife has left the church and all the challenges they have had since then. Jay and I were both shocked and left so uneasy over it. I am so thankful to have a strong foundation in my beliefs. That night we went to the adult session of Stake Conference, it was so good and was such a good experience. I love knowing what I know.
Friday, January 23rd:
Scrap night with the best GF ever! Love ya, Sarah!
Thursday, January 22nd:
Today I was so sick... 'nuff said. IT SUCKED!
Wednesday, January 21st:
So, I have been sick forever. A have this horrible cough and with every pregnancy I seem to lose a bit more of my bladder. So, needless to say I have peed my pants about 3 times (I really hope no one reads this portion of my blog).
Tuesday, January 20th:
Came home from work and heard about The Children's Place online sale. So, I just shopped all afternoon. One of Kennedy's favorite things to do is shop online, so she was in high heaven.
Monday, January 19th:
We all love days when Jay gets to stay home. I met a bride at Noah's and then we spent the afternoon at Thanksgiving Point dinosaur museum, then lunch at the yummy cafe there. Then movies for family movie night... always so much fun!
Sunday, January 18th:
Had some good friends over for a yummy breakfast. Decided 1:00 church stinks much more than originally thought since we missed the entire Cardinals/ Eagles game (we caught the last 2 minutes, but they were totally uneventful.) I am okay with the end results... still waiting to see if the Steelers win. If they do, I think I am rooting for the Steelers. If not, I'm on board with the Cardinals (Where did that team come from anyway?) Hunter also told us he wanted some "faggots". He meant Savex. It was hilarious!
Saturday, January 17th:
Temple and dinner night with some friends from the ward. Going to the temple is always more enjoyable when done with good company. We had a great time!

Friday, January 16th:
Family Date Night... Dinner then to Flour Girls and Dough Boys for a lil' dessert. (If you haven't tried it, it comes HIGHLY recommended. I've never had something I didn't love.) Then movie Night at home. I love the easy-going, fun nights as a family.Thursday, January 15th:
Busy day! We received Crew's "official" ultrasound. It was fun. Since Jay was working and we already know what the baby is just Kennedy and I went. Kennedy is so excited for this baby it is fun to do anything baby related with her, as she shares my enthusiasm! I also had a wedding at Noah's and Jay had culture night for work. It was a crazy, but super fun day!
Wednesday, January 14th:
Costco... gotta love the place! I know I don't go as often as some people, but shopping-wise it is one of my favorite places to go. I am seriously not sure how I can do this for a year without Costco being listed weekly... we'll see...Tuesday, January 13th:
So, I know how pathetic it sounds to have a "favorite TV night" but I do, and it is Tuesday... I love The Biggest Loser, it is such a good, positive, friendly (most of the time, I hated Vicky from last season), inspirational show. I love watching it. I also love Law and Order: SVU. Even reruns, most the time I can forget "who did it". So, reruns can be just as great!
Monday, January 12th:
This week was super busy. I am trying to write from Sunday backwards. I can't remember things too well. We went to visit Jay's grandparents. Since the day Jay told his family we were getting married, the same day I met Grandpa D, I have had a special connection with that man. I actually feel closer to Jay's grandparents than I was to my own. They are special people and it was great to visit them.

Sunday, January 11th:

1:00 church SUCKS! First of all I think the theory that no one should be late to 1:00 church is entirely untrue. It seems like you have all the time in the world in the morning so...
- you sleep in, let the hubby worry about kids and breakfast (thanks, babe!)
- Wake up and help your daughter win some money for webkinz (a whole new story)
- Plan lessons for church
- Tune in to some sweet NFL playoffs (watching football counts as keeping the sabbath in our home). I am bummed the Giants lost.
- Start some laundry, fold some laundry.... FRANTICALLY REALIZE IT IS NEARLY 12:00 AND EVERYONE IS STILL IN JAMMAS. We weren't late, but it just seems like 1:00 was never going to roll around.

I was greeted at church by an older woman in another ward (whom I do know) telling me: "When are you due? It looks like almost anyday now." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I am just past 20 weeks... I didn't appreciate the comment, let's just wait for week 38. Oh man, this baby is going to be giant!

Sacrament meeting was nuts... Hunter needed a nap and the sleepiness comes out as craziness. We get home and of course Jay has to leave for meetings... bummer. I don't like 1:00 church.

Saturday, January 10th:
We had a wedding in Layton. I didn't get any pictures from the wedding so am posting one from last month, as usual it was beautiful. Our time is getting better with each wedding, which is awesome. We stayed with my brother in Kaysville throughout the day, it is always so fun to visit family.
Friday, January 9th:
WOW! Crazy busy day! Work was busy, play was busy! We drove the trailer up to Layton for Saturday's wedding and had the following conversation:
Jay: "Do we have a spare for the trailer?"
Kira: "No"
Jay: "We really need to look into that. If something happened we would be screwed."
Kira: "Okay, let's look into it tomorrow after the wedding."

About 10 minutes later... A FULL BLOW OUT ON THE TRAILER! We happened to be in a portion of the freeway where they are adding the express lane, so had to drive on the tire for a mile with Sparks flying. It was seriously scary. Since the tire shops were all closed. We called my dad's cousin who called his son, who got the tire off his trailer and brought it to us. It was so nice of him! Needless to say, what should have been an hour drive took us 2 1/2 hours. It wasn't much fun.
Thursday, January 8th:
Toys were missing, some of Kennedy's, lots of Hunter's. I figured there was a black hole somewhere in the house. I asked Hunter where the Littlest Pet Shop's were. He kept telling me in the couch. I checked under all the cushions and found a few toys but not nearly as many as I knew we were missing. After dinner Hunter was playing with a toy lizard, I got a great idea and asked Hunter to put the lizard with the other animals. I watched as he climbed up on the couch and leaned in. As he leaned in, the pressure of his weight made a little "pocket"between the window ledge and the couch. As soon as the pocket appeared his toy was gone. I pulled the couch out and found THIS! There were about 30 toys back there. It was awesome!
We also went to our friend, Tori's house. Tori has only boys, so Hunter is always in heaven when it comes to boy toys. Hunter found a new favorite toy:
Wednesday, January 7th:
Went to get a pedicure with my good friend, Marissa. Always a good time and a good break from the kiddos.

Tuesday, January 6th:
SNOW! Enough said. I might as well kiss my hubby goodbye cause after he gets home all he does is shovel.Monday, January 5th:
Yeap. This picture sums up a large portion of how I spend my life. On my laptop and on the phone! Kennedy took this one just messing with the camera.

Sunday, January 4th:
We had a pillow fight to finish up the "fun things to do while daddy's home" list.

Saturday, January 3rd:
Poker Tournament!

Friday, January 2nd:
Take down Christmas... sad!

Thursday, January 1st:
Game morning, game afternoon, and game night... I LOVED IT!


6 comments:

bladenfamily said...

Wow! Great recap! Your wedding was very pretty...

Winter mama said...

Such a cool thing, I send one of my friends to look at the weeding blog because she is getting married.

squick said...

I agree with the 1:00 church thing. We have it too and it is terrible. I can't even listen to any of the talks or lessons because it is the baby's nap time so all I do is walk the halls :(

Amanda said...

Ha ha you get 1:00 church, I feel bad for you. So far 9:00 has been even worse. Kinley usually goes down between 8:30 and 9:00 so she is exhausted before church even begins. You just can't win with kids.

:: ashley :: said...

I got the last 2 comments you posted, but not whatever one you said was first!
Let me know what you need, as far as financial advice goes.. haha I am not the best, but I'll help however I can!

sstevens said...

I love the project 365 as well, I just don't think I am quite ready for it yet. Maybe next year. i love hearing about your day though.