Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Eve and the party that never ends...

So, my third favorite holiday started pretty horrible. We decided to stay the night at my brother's. My parents stayed in a hotel and had taken Kennedy up early during the day to swim. We planned to join them later and let Hunter swim... our swim suits got packed, but never got in the car. Hunter was bummed. Then thinking I had a bright idea, I pre-made the batter for our crepes... but after our swimming/ non-swimming escapade when we headed back to the car I could smell the crepe batter, and HOPED that didn't mean it spilled, BUT it did. Some wehere in the shuffle of looking for swim suits something got thrown on the batter, it got knocked over and spilled. It wasn't too bad until I decided it would be a good idea for me to hold the cookie sheet it was in on my lap on the way to the party, the cookie sheet that was now full of crepe batter... BAD idea! The batter spilled all over my dry-clean only wool coat and all over the seat in the car. A pretty crappy start, BUT... it was all up from there! Kennedy testing out the new air bed we bought. It was actually super comfy!
Master Crepe chef Jay recovering from the crepe diaster.
Tiff and Kira rockin' out to Sing Star!
Jay and Dal rockin out (they did much better than Tiff and I)...
MIDNIGHT: I forgot to take any pictures... my kids were both out of it and I got some sweet action from Jay.
So, our plan was to stay the night and return home in the early afternoon so HD could sleep on the way home. That didn't happen. One game led to another, and we stayed and played and stayed and.... KICKED everyone's booty at The Newlywed Game!
Tiff and Eric
Heather and Landy
Kira and Jay
Dal and Sara
We finally rolled out of there at about 11:30 pm on the first. Neither of my kids had a nap, so they slept the entire way home, and then we ALL slept in! IT ROCKED!
Our kiddos ready for the ride home!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 comments:

Tori and Steve said...

Way cute pictures of Hunter! What a smile! Sounds like you had fun. I need to get a life, I went to bed at 9:00!

Tristan said...

Sorry you got batter all over you and your coat! But I am glad that it turned out fun!

hlw said...

That sounds like something brilliant I would try! Holding batter in my lap! Glad you had fun anyway!