Today was such a fun day for our family. Jay's mom, who is currently serving with Jay's dad as Mission President in the Slovenia/ Croatia mission, was able to come home for Aaron's wedding (which will be on Friday). Her flight was expected in around 8:20 last night, but when she wasn't on the plane we all started to wonder what happened, we finally heard from her a few hours later. She had missed her connecting flight in Paris and was flown to LA. She caught a plane this morning and got in today.
Last night we had decided we would let Kennedy stay up late so she could have a chance to go up and see grandma. She feel asleep on my lap around 8:30 (she is not such a late-nighter, just like Jay and I), when she woke up this morning she asked "What about grandma?" as I started explaining to her what happened to Roylene and her flight, Kennedy started bawling. (I think she thought I was going to tell her she wasn't coming at all). Finally this afternoon after Roylene got some new clothes (all luggage is still in Paris) we were able to go up and say hi. Kennedy was so excited to see her. Roylene had never met Hunter, until today. It is so fun to see her love for the children. She is a great grandma and the kids absolutely LOVE her! I am so happy we have a little while to spend with her. It is so fun to have her back for a bit, we all missed her so much!





1 comment:
Sounds like she had quite the adventure! How fun to to see her! Have fun at the wedding!
Post a Comment